Jaime has been napping all day...in fact, he's still sleeping. He fell asleep after his blood gas at 2:00 P.M. and hasn't really been up since...just a few position and diaper changes. He's still on his Morphine and Versed drips-one was weaned today, but I can't remember right now which one, along with his TPN's and Lipids. He's also taking Protonix, along with Zantac in his TPN's. He's still getting his Factor every 6 hours...his levels seem to be stabilizing now, too. Another Factor level in the 80's, this morning, which is good. Jaime still has his repogle in his tummy which is still producing gunk, but no more frank blood like before! Also, his little pee-pee is swollen, but has only had very minimal bleeding from it. YEA! Factor must be working! He hasn't pooped yet and from what the nurses tell me, he is just starting to have some bowel sounds (no one really expected him to poop so soon after having his bowels so manipulated). He does have a blister on his toe from his pulse ox and he has a pressure sore on the back of his head (where the bald spot is), both will be looked at by the skin team tomorrow.
Jaime's last blood gas had a CO2 level in the 60's...not horrible for a CDH'er, but much worse than Jaime's "norm." Jaime should be weighed and measured tonight...I'm anxious to see what they are. I know it's only been a week, but when I put him up on my shoulder today after extubation, for some reason, he seemed like a giant! He's very, very stiff, too. I'm thinking it's because he's still having pain. His incision site looks great! Two staples have "popped" out, I think that Dr. Tiao is planning on taking the rest of them out tomorrow, we'll see!
So, I think I've covered everything up to date! Shouldn't be any changes through the night unless they re-intubate...which is still a possibility. He'll have a repeat gas and chest x-ray in the morning to see what his lungs are up to and that's about it!
I think I'm going to get some soup in the cafeteria...the house had Chinese food for dinner tonight, while under normal circumstances, I'm a big fan, I just wasn't up for it tonight!
Here are some pics to enjoy!!!!
Me in Jared's old doggie costume. (Mind you, Jared wore it at 3 and 4 mos. old, Jaime is nearly 7 mos. old and it's still big on him.)

Colleen sent me this one of Connor (yes, that's pee, he was wondering what they were going to do with it! HA!) He's feeling a little better now.
Have a restful Sunday...and happy November! (Seriously, WHERE has the time gone?)








I love the pictures!! :) The lights on his big boy crib are so fantastic! :) At least it makes the hospital not so depressing! :) I'm glad he got to dress up for Halloween and you too!! I love it! :)
ReplyDeletePraying he can catch his breath and not be intubated again! :)
I hope Jaime has an easier time breathing and his CO2 comes down a bit. Love how the staff decorates and helps celebrate the holidays for the parents(and babies too) !!!
ReplyDeleteIs Jared feeling any better? Poor guy getting sick on Halloween!
Jaime's pad is looking quite cool. So creative you are. Hope Jaime was stable through the night and continues to progress on the uphill swing throughout the day. I hope Jared is feeling better today and that things settle out in Cleveland, as well. Take care of yourself and call if you need to talk.
ReplyDelete