



The only change made in rounds was to increase Jaime's calories from 20 to 24. He's been drinking 2 to 3 ounces of formula every three hours with the rest of it going through the feeding pump over an hour. Looks like he may be having some discomfort with the volume, we'll just have to keep an eye on it. He needs to get more calories to gain weight. Jaime is 13lbs 6oz. Still way underweight for a 7 month old. Hopefully having fixed the problem (you know, getting his bowels, colon, liver and kidney out of his chest), Jaime will start to gain and grow. Honestly, I think that's all the drs. are waiting for because really, Jaime looks good. I think he just needs to prove that he can and will gain and grow and then we'll be heading North again. Of course it's kind of chilly up there, maybe we DO want to stay down here a bit longer...HA! Looks like we could be out by the end of the week...fingers and toes crossed!
Oh, the other big change is that Jaime was officially allowed to bathe again! Dr. Lim told me that I can bathe him as long as I don't submerge him, you know, drown him...silly surgeons! I'm sooooo happy because, while the "bed baths" are great, that boy was smelly and needed to be dunked...only to his chest, of course! :) His bath was the first time I ever held Jaime without wires connected to him. It kind of caught me off guard when I was transferring him back to the bed to dry him off. I'm so used to fiddling with the O2 or pulse ox, Jaime didn't have anything on (the feeding tube was inserted, but not connected to the pump) it was pretty cool!
Honestly that's about it!
Thank you, enjoy the pictures and have a nice night.

GOD BLESS EL PEKE JAIMITO!
ReplyDeleteAHORITA A LEER ESTO:
ALERTA!
La estafa automotriz mas grande en el territorio Mexicano…
Para MAS informacion pinche:
http://expoautos.blogspot.com/
Gracias
yay! Home sounds like a nice tune coming from you!! I hope he can tolerate the 24 cal and start gaining weight. And - K is 8 months old, and only 16lbs 10oz.. I don't think it's too awful that Jaime is 13lbs 6oz -3 lbs... shouldn't be too bad. Once he starts eating I'm sure gaining will happen fast. And you will pass K just like most other babies have! haha-
ReplyDeleteAnd be careful not to drown your baby- LOL! :)
Oh Sheryl, I am soooo happy that Jaime is doing so well. He has made incredible progress in just a few weeks. I'm sure the feeding will get better over the next couple of weeks as he continues to heal.
ReplyDeleteAs for weight Emily is 21 months and close to 21 lbs...still under 3rd%, but none of the docs are worried. She's only got 1 lb for each month, while Jaime and K(sorry, I don't know this baby) each have about 2 lbs per month...Maybe the 1/2 container of lemon pudding she ate today will give her a few more ounces!!
Enjoy your last few days with the awesome RCNIC staff, you WON'T be returning..HA!!!!
Woohoo!!! So happy that Jaime is doing so much better. Now, he just needs to be fatten up :)
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy looking at Jaime's photos...
Jaime looks so great!
ReplyDeleteI always forget to bring the pictures of Ryan at Jaime's age, seriously, E.T.! Ryan was only 18 lbs at one year and Ryan was early like Jaime. He will catch up now that his "parts" are in the right place!
So happy that you may be going home this weekend!
Keep us posted!
XOXO