Here are some pics that we took of the kids with their grandparents.
Tom's parents with the boys, AKA Nana & Papa.

Jaime and my dad, AKA Poppy. Jaime has a thing about grabbing hold of faces. Poppy's face was the his favorite to grab. (Hurry back, Dad, Jaime needs some cheeks to pinch! HA!)

Now, as for new food...let's see....Jaime had sweet potato casserole, pureed turkey soup, cranberry sauce (which he LOVED), he had a "taste" of a cheese doodle (anyone in my fam knows what that is) he didn't like it...he will. All MUST LOVE cheese doodles from Aleci's. Mmmmm!!!!

Finally, tonight, he had green beans....loved them!
After he was done eating them, I was cleaning him up, he choked on his spit. He did his usual gagging and trying to throw up...remember last week his SP told me to give him a sucker when he starts to do that...well, tonight, I tried. Sure enough, NO PUKE! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! So, his other new "food" was a sucker! I let him suck it long enough to stop the gagging...I told Tom that we need to take stock in Dum-dums! Actually, today's sucker was a mini tootsie roll one, obviously he didn't get to the tootsie roll!


Jaime is doing well for the most part. He's still having HUGE issues with pooping. Today, he was "pushing" so hard that he gagged himself and then choked on his vomit. I felt so bad for him. That little "episode" wore him out. He napped for nearly 2 hours after that. Poor guy doesn't have much reserve when something like this happens. Unfortunately, it happens daily. Hopefully the "sucker" thing will help. We also increased his Prevacid and added something called Little Tummies to help him poop. These things combined should make for a much happier digestive system! :)
Oh, I almost forgot, another "new feeding thing" is that Jaime drank from a "cup" yesterday. Ann, Jaime's SP in Cincinnati gave us a special cup for Jaime to start drinking from. It's really neat, it has 3 levels of flow. Jaime did very well with it. I'm going to use it every time I feed him in the high chair. It will serve two purposes, 1) it will get him used to drinking with a cup; and 2) the formula in it gives him extra calories!


Last but not least, I weighed Jaime naked this morning...15lbs 2oz! YEA! He's gaining, I think he's growing lengthwise, too. Tomorrow, I'll have to measure him!
I think I've gotten everyone up to date on things here. Tomorrow, Jaime will have SP, PT, and OT, all from Early Intervention. I must admit, I like the therapists from EI much better than the home care ones we normally have. Unfortunately, the EI therapists are only aloud to come once a month! :(
I'll let you know how things go tomorrow...it's going to be a busy day!
Have a nice night!


That cup from Anne looks pretty cool. Tell her to send one to Em!! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving..great pictures!
ReplyDeleteSarah (SP), from the hospital gave us the same cup.Looks like you had a fun-filled weekend. Thanks for posting. I truly missed it.
ReplyDelete