I cannot express how grateful I am that we are here in Cincinnati dealing with all of this. While it stinks being far away from home, especially being away from Tom and Jared, it's exactly the place Jaime needs right now. Home really isn't in the cards for us anymore, at least not right now. Although, we all know how things work-that could change in a heartbeat, but for now, home is on the back burner. We very possibly could be here for Thanksgiving....eh, what's another holiday in our "other" hometown of Cincy? (Bev and Jeanie, you girls will be cooking for us! ;)
Let's talk about "happier" things! Jaime went to the playroom again. Although he was really tired from PT and his feeds, he really seemed to enjoy himself. Also, exciting news is that for the first time, Jaime and Carter "met." OK, Jaime was in the stroller in the hall walking past Carter's open door, who was awake and sitting in his chair. It's always so funny to me to watch babies look at other babies. Carter was finishing up his tastes and licking his fingers, while Jaime was interested in Carrie's sweater...HA! Nonetheless, the boys laid eyes on each other for the first time! (That only took 7 mos, Geez-LOL!!!!) Hopefully they will grow to be CDH buddies and we can let them "really" meet outside the hospital....or at outpatient visits?!?
Here are a few pics I took of Jaime going to and in the playroom today. I'm doing an "early" post today because I have a "Hot Date" with a wonderful little 6 year old tonight!!!! :)




YEA! Progress - and smiles. We are so glad to hear that Jamie is making sooooo much progress. Come home, and soon. Majken and I will keep an eye on the boys while you and Tom go out and just enjoy the setting sun on Lake Erie, or sip warm cider at Christine's Cafe. Each and every day we ask God to give all of you strength and His healing power. Missing you from Willoughby, and sending our love to all. God Bless, Dale, Majken, Mom C and Mom V.
ReplyDeleteP.S. last week, while we were in Washington, little Joe asked how "Jared's little brother was doing ...and was he talking yet". I told Joe that Jamie wasen't talking yet, but pretty soon. Can't wait until all of these little guys are home safe and sound.