Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

And We're Walking....

Kickin' it in my walker!

in the walker, of course! All over the hardwood floor. Today is the first time that Jaime actually took off in the walker. I put him in the walker to clean the kitchen this morning, next thing I knew, he was out of the dining room and up by the front door. I put him in the walker when Tom came home from work, I told Tom to call Jaime and off he went to his daddy! How cool is that? OK, so the boy can't roll, he only sits with his arms extended and he pivots on his tummy instead of crawling...but put him in the walker and off he goes! Not really the way the therapists would prefer it to go, but hey, Jaime is almost 9 1/2 months old...time for him to find his own way to be mobile! Guess it's time to baby-proof the house! Enjoy the photos that Titirazzi and Mamarazzi took today, you can actually see his feet taking turns being in front. (Yes, I finally got my new camera and love it!)
I can dig this.

Hi, Daddy!

Ooo, my high chair, how cool.

Here I come, Titi.

I love the lights on this thing!

Big Bro taken by Titi and her photo filters....there's an app for that!

Seriously, Titi?

OK, I'll give in...cheese!

See my new teeth?!?

Cozy in my bathrobe!

That's all of the BIG NEWS today!

Quick update on my, Grandma...she's still holding her own. We all had the pleasure of visiting with her yesterday, at her request...and when I say, all, I mean both of her girls, my father, all 7 of her Grandchildren (and their spouses and significant others) and almost all of her Great-grandchildren, she has 12 Great-Grandchildren in all. She even had beer yesterday, again at her request! She's one spunky little lady! My Aunt and Mom are being troopers sitting by her side 24/7. All of us grand-kids are taking turns being up at the hospital, too. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I loved the walker for Dakota and she loved it!!! I really think it helped her develop muscles and it definitely helped with her independence and my aching arms!!! Now that she crawls really well, she is kind of over it, but she loved it for a good 4 months or so!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jaime! Keep cruising around the house, make your mama chase after you! HA!
    Your new camera takes great pics. Of course having such a cute subject to photograph, it would be hard to get bad ones!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.