Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bowling!

Not too much to tell other than the four of us met the Gregory's out for a bowling adventure! I updated Jared's World with lots of pics http://jaredtrost.blogspot.com/
Jaime seemed to have fun...as I wrote in "Jared's World" it's good to "air" him out once and a while. He probably leaves the house 2 or 3 times a month. Today was the day we took him out. Plus, Paula really wanted to see him, 2 hours around healthy people was OK with me. It was really great to see Paula, Michael, Chloe and Connor! It's been such a long time since we've seen them.
Before bowling, I took Jared ice skating...and I'm happy to report that I didn't fall and break anything! It's always a little scary to get on the ice for the first time in the season. Actually, since I was pregnant last winter, I wasn't able to skate all season, so today was the first time I was on the ice since March or April of 2008. We went to a different rink than our normal one. We were going to go to the outside one, but with it being 18 degrees today, we felt that it was best to skate indoors today! It was a good decision! HA!
That was all for our excitement today!
Here are some pics we took today, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.