Thank you to my CDH Family for their comments and emails.
I know they say you shouldn't compare kids because they are all different and do things at different stages, just seems like CDH'ers are more similar than we think, especially when it comes to milestones and how they reach them.
I must say that I am surprised that no other kids have sneezing issues. Jaime seems to be so bothered by a simple thing such as sneezing. It's almost like a chore to him! Perhaps it's because his diaphragm does not exist at all on the right side and he has two patches that make one up? I don't know, but I feel bad for him. The other strange thing is that he never has a runny nose, just some congestion sometimes. I'm sure he has some sort of allergies...definitely some food issues. (Jared's going to the allergist on Friday, so I will probably make an appointment for Jaime, too.)
Oh and he does hiccup, which looks like it kills him. Always had hiccups prenatally, too which seemed so weird to Tom and I. Sometimes hiccups produce gagging and vomiting, sometimes not! Sneezes will often produce some sort of choking on spit, though. It's so strange.
Sounds like most of you have a good therapy team that know your babies limits. I'm still working on that one! I contacted The Cleveland Clinic today, they said they will come out and assess Jaime once they receive an order. I called Cincy to fax them one...didn't think it was right for my Rainbow's pediatrician to send one to the Clinic, a bit of a conflict of interest for sure!
Thank you again for all of your comments, it really is nice to know that others have or are experiencing the same types of things that we are....
P.S. Sue, Jaime hardly blinks, too...it IS creepy! Plus, I think his left eye is "lazy." Eh, why not add one more thing to the list?!? LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.