So, I think this is the longest I've gone without writing a blog.
We've been so busy this week. My last post was about Jaime's 9 month appointment. Well, since then, Jaime and Jared have been to the allergist. We found out that Jared has an autoimmune disorder that Jaime may have as well. For those of you who know Jared well...you know how his ears turn red and he sometimes gets stomach aches...yea, we have a diagnosis for that...and it's not his egg allergy, although that came back with a number off of the charts. Jaime will have his official testing on Feb. 3rd.
In between both appointments...I had an appointment, nothing big, just a sinus infection. We've all been battling some soft of "junkiness" here. Jared has a cough and sore throat and Jaime is getting a cough. He's been on and off congested. No fever, so we're thinking it may be teething as he has a few more "bumps" on his gums. Poor guy, looks like teething is going to be bad for him. When he's congested, he starts to gag, which always leads to vomiting. Tonight, he threw up 2 whole bottles. Poor kid looks miserable. We're hoping it's only teething and nothing else. I listed to his lungs tonight...CLEAR! YEA!
In therapy world...Jaime had NONE this week. Well, I shouldn't say that, he had "Mamapy." I did his therapy with him, as I always do, we just didn't have a therapist here this week. The girls didn't come because of Jaime having congestion and Jared being sick. Maybe they'll come this week, we'll see.
As for things Jaime's doing...he has officially rolled over all by himself about 4 times. He definitely doesn't like to, though. Also, when he's on his tummy, he's scooting backwards and if left long enough, he will pivot to the toys he wants. He's also been spending some time in his walker. He has figured out how to move this, too...again, backwards! He's spending more time "standing" and he prefers to sit up in your arms rather than lay. He will literally pull himself up in your arms from a laying position if he doesn't want to be held that way. Oh and he has learned to clap. I tell him to "clap, clap, clap," he giggles, then claps. He'll give fives, too. (He's been doing this on and off for a few months now.)
He's still eating well. He really enjoys his mixed fruit and oat breakfasts. Sometimes I give him them as a snack before bed. He's still eating about 1/4 to 1/2 a jar at a sitting. He had "beef" this week, seemed to like it. I just wish he'd eat more in a sitting, we're working on it, though. Oh, one other thing that Jaime ate this week was quiche. YES, QUICHE. Tom made a quiche for dinner the other night, well, I heated some up for lunch the next day, Jaime was "begging" for it like a puppy, being a bit leery because of Jared's severe egg allergy, I only gave him a teeny tiny bite. He wanted more, I wasn't surprised that he liked it because there was ham, cheese and bacon in it, you know, very strong flavor...this is what he prefers, I was more surprised that he didn't gag on the texture. He LOVED it. I didn't go crazy giving it to him, but he had more than a taste. He did well...meaning, no reaction. Crazy, huh?
That's about all with Jaime.
In other news...my Grandma has been keeping our family pretty busy...she's been in and out and in the hospital again. She is currently in the hospital, we've all been spending lots of time with her...at least as much as we can given our own situations. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers!
That's about all for now. My camera still hasn't come yet, so, sadly, I have no pics to post. :(
Until next time...

So what is Jared's diagnosis? Are red ears related to bright red cheeks? Emily keeps getting them for no apparent reason. weird. Jaime's eating like a champ! And the strong flavors, that seems to be very common for our kids. I read about that on a blog attached to the TalkTools website I mentioned on Carter's mom's FB (sorry can't think of her name right now). Anyway, the blog mentions why some kids prefer foods with strong flavors. Check it out.
ReplyDeleteHope your grandma is doing better!