Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's


I spent my New Year's Eve home with the boys. Tom had a gig at The Willoughby Brewing Company...from what I hear....a good time was had by all!
Jared, Jaime and I had fun eating snacks and playing with their Christmas toys. I'm going to update "Jared's World" because really, he was my date last night! Both were up at midnight, but Jared was up ALL night! I have lots of pics of Jared from last night and today and feel that it would be fitting to post to HIS blog! www.jaredtrost.blogspot.com.

As for Jaime, he's fine! A little out of sorts still from our trip to Cincinnati. He usually gets messed up for a few days after traveling...it takes a minute for him to "reset." He's still eating well, though. We're still trying to figure out why organic baby food and juice are the only ones that don't give him a rash. We're thinking it's the preservatives, but which ones?!? We purchased some of the snacks that the therapists in Cincy suggested for Jaime. He LOVES the "Biter Biscuits" and the Sweet Potato Puffs, but only if they are crumbled. I feel like a Mama bird feeding her baby when I do that, but hey, it's a new texture that he's accepting, so I'll do it!
Yesterday, we had a visit from "Uncle" Dale. He brought us Arby's for lunch, thanks, Dale! Dale is setting things up to be Jaime's head home nurse. We're so lucky to have so many friends who are nurses! We're trying to look for a new therapy team, too...no such luck as of yet! Anyone in Cleveland know of any home therapists besides the ones from Rainbows?!?
As for today, it was quiet. We had and continue to have lots of snow falling. Tom made us a delicious pork dinner in the crock pot...Jaime ate the carrots that I pureed in my new Food Mill from my mother-in-law!

Jaime did take a 3 hour nap before dinner, too. Like I said, still out of sorts from traveling. After dinner, we caught the end of the Rose Bowl...way to go, Buckeyes. Then, we watched, Jaime's team, the Cincinnati Bearcats...it's half time and they aren't looking so hot! :(
That's about all! Both boys had some pie for dessert and are now in bed!

Jaime in his first set of pjs last night (he wet them later in the night during a diaper change.)

Jaime's New Year's bottle....Jared has a pic like this, too.

Our "toasting" drinks...sparkling grape juice and formula...Mmmmmm.

The last picture of the boys in 2009! I think Jaime is putting his arm up in excitement that this crummy year is FINALLY over! I second that, little man!

First picture of the boys in 2010! Jaime was amazed at all of the lights and confetti on the TV.

O-H-I-O
Jaime in Jared's old sweatsuit. (Titi went to OSU)

Hoping everyone has a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are always so precious! Here is hoping to a better year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you and the boys had a good time on new years.. !! :) Glad all is well!

    Happy New Years!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.