Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Thief

My 9 month old is a thief...look what he stole...and seemed to rather enjoy at dinner tonight!



Jaime had another great day of eating! In fact, he finished, for the first time ever a whole container of stage 2 organic pears for dinner and he ate over a half jar of stage 2 organic "country dinner" (squash and turkey) for lunch. I've been trying to buy stage 2 organic meats for him...so far he's a fan of turkey. I'm going to try chicken later this weekend...haven't found organic beef yet, but when I do, I'll try that, too. Jaime also ate 3 whole graham crackers...him and Jared had an after school snack together. He's getting good at gumming things...even if he can't chew yet! When weighed this afternoon, half dressed with a diaper...Jaime was 16lbs 7oz. While this isn't completely accurate due to the onesies and diaper, we know that he is indeed gaining weight! YEA! Not to mention he feels like a giant anymore when you hold him, especially in the car seat!
Grammy called tonight to let us know that my Grandma was "pink" again. She was dehydrated and sent the hospital this afternoon. Anyway, when I was on the phone with my mom, Jaime was non-stop chattering...apparently he had a few things to say to her, too! Look at the big boy...wonder where he learned what to do with a phone! Hmmm......
Jaime on the phone with Grammy tonight

That's about all for tonight, hope everyone has a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. First "trarrits" now "torn" as Ryan would say back in the day! That is the cutest picture, I showed Ryan and he said "oh he is like me, we both love corn" really he said oh shit that is funny!
    Now we know what to have on the menu for our next cookout since Jaime will be finally able to attend!
    I meant to tell you, Ryan didn't have teeth until he was over 1, he gummed lots of food too.
    Jaime looks great and way to go on the weight gain.
    I hope your grandma feels better soon!
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Jaime. Great to see this little guy enjoying his family, friends and feeling so much better. Its also great to see that he enjoys eating. Little Joe and Katie send their love, along with the Mom's. Take care, see you soon. Our love, Dale and Majken

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.