Thurs. 9:00 A.M. Echo and EKG
Thurs. 1:00 P.M. Cardiology Follow-up: GREAT NEWS, NO MORE PULMONARY HYPERTENSION!!!! The home plan was to wean the Sildenafil!!! Woohooooooo! We also discussed Jaime's latest issues and talked about his tracheal malaysia possibly being an issue. Dr. Hirsch recommended a bronchial scope and sleep study.
Thurs. 3:00 P.M. Hematology Follow-up: Plans were made for surgery in December, labs were ordered to be drawn on Fri. before we came home.
Thurs. 4:30 P.M. High Risk Clinic: Stats-Jaime is 13lbs. 2oz., 24 1/2 inches long with a head circ. of 41 1/2 cm. Dr. Cahill felt like he was working hard, but over all OK. We discussed Jaime's recent "illness" being a big contributor to his "new" normal.
We left Thursday with more questions than answers.
Friday morning, Jaime's 6 month birthday we were supposed to go to a very early dermatology appointment, but canceled it. We did however attend our other appointments. (It was a long night with Jaime not sleeping)The morning started with Jaime having bath in the hotel sink! (Happy 6 mos. little guy!)

Fri. 11:00 A.M. Upper Gi...possibly the test that ultimately saved Jaime's life. Looked "normal."
Getting ready for the studies.
Getting ready for the studies.


Fri. 11:30 A.M. Video Swallow Study. Jaime passed with flying colors.
Fri. 12:00 P.M. Chest x-ray....final interpretation: RE-HERNIATION! And how did one see this so black and white in Cincy when the most recent hospital we've been at didn't, well, check out the x-ray for yourself. That large "glowing" loop up in his lung is his bowel filled with barium from his morning studies! Even those of you without an education in the medical field can see this one! Hence the big "OOPS" in my title! Yes, this was CLEARLY MISSED at home! This didn't just happen here, overnight!

This, of course, called for an immediate admit! And we LOVE our CDH team because they were able to get Jaime re-admitted into the RCNIC. This is highly unusual for a baby of his age (I can't remember is he a toddler or geriatric patient? Silly RCNIC nurses!!!LOL) and because he's considered a "dirty" baby once discharged. Anyway, he's Carter's neighbor hanging out in Carter's sloppy second's room B-1 (Carter was once in this very room). It's a giant, corner room, we are so grateful for it, too!
Jaime spent his 6 month birthday being poked and prodded until he we left him laying comfortably asleep in his bed.

The bottom line is that Jaime will be having surgery much sooner than later....as of today they were planning a Monday OR time. Tom will be driving back to Cleveland tomorrow, as he has a church commitment on Sunday, I will be staying. We've relocated to an Extended Stay America in Covington, KY for the time being and I'm on the wait list at Ronald McDonald House. The N.P.'s are estimating a 2 to 3 week admit...this of course can change based on Jaime's condition.
Please wish us luck and say many prayers for Jaime as we enter into this next scary phase of CDH World!
Thank you!

Ummm...wow! Thank God for the earlier studies! I know this is so scary, but hopefully he'll get through it with flying colors and will be home again before you know it.
ReplyDeleteSo glad they found it! Praying for a quick recovery!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for a quick and easy recovery for Jaime! That seems to be the norm by reading cdh blogs like Alina's, Sofia's, etc. But that doesn't make is any less scary and stressful! I am so sorry you guys have to go through more worry and stress! At least they found it though, and it is an answer and there is a solution! Praying lots!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Thankfully you did the upper GI first! I'm sure you are terrified. Hopefully Jamie will fly through this. He's such a strong little guy.
ReplyDeleteCould you send me your address? I've got something for Jaime.
We'll be sending much love your way.
Holly
Hug that wonderful little boy for us, remember that we are praying for Jamie, and your return home. Our love, Dale and Majken and the Mom's XX00XX
ReplyDeleteWHAT?!?!reherniation, sure didn't see that one coming! I don't know if you had been told this, but our surgeon told us that right-sided CDH'ers usually have less occurance of reherniation. So I had kind of pushed that to the back of my mind. That Jaime, he is so silly. He wanted to commemorate his six-month birthday in a big way; he said birthday parties are for wimps :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, we will be praying for Jaime and your family as you have to be displaced yet again, dealing with the CDH monster.
~Beth
Thanks for the heads up last night on Jaime's condition. Unfortunately it didn't really come as a surprise to me. When I mentioned it a couple weeks back, I really thought it was a possibility, but assumed, wrongly apparently, that the Dr's at UH would've checked for this. I'm even surprised that it wasn't found during the Upper GI. However, what's important is that it was finally discovered and Jaime is back where he will be healed. I'm very relieved to know that Dr C will be doing the repair. He saved my baby's life and I trust him completely.
ReplyDeleteTry not to count the days, just focus on Jaime. Know that this chapter will end and he'll be back home working on those milestones with a healthy body. Congrats on no more PH, Emily is still fighting that one!
If you need me for anything, you know where to find me...on FB!!!
I'm quite angry with your other hospital as they did not catch this!! Did they do an x-ray at all?
ReplyDeleteWell I am glad they finally see what is going on with Jaime! As I'm sure you do as well!!
Happy 6 months- (a day late)!!
Stay strong!!
So glad you got into the RMH! Sorry I didn't come to serve dinner, but neither of us have had the flu shot yet, getting it on Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteIt was great talking to you tonight!
Thank God Cincy found that he had re-herniated!
He is in great hands!
As I told you tonight, call me if you need anything!
Lots of prayers!
Jeanie & Ryan
I am so sorry Jaime is facing another surgery. So glad Cincy caught this and are going to fix it soon...he is in a great hospital. Praying for a successful surgery and an easy recovery for Jaime. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteTracy
Wow, what a 6 month birthday for Jaime! I will be saying tons of prayers!!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you all!!!
So sorry to hear about the newest discovery! Hang in there!
ReplyDeletePraying for Jaime! Praying for a successful and easy surgery and a very quick recovery!
Prayers are coming - that Jaime - he just loves to keep them guessing doesn't he?
ReplyDeleteSeriously - this isn't nice at all - as always - you all are so adjusting and up beat! I'm sure there are the moments but I admire you all!
Thoughts and prayers - I hope the stay is less than that!
Elizabeth
And...Jaime is adorable as ever!
ReplyDeletexoxo