Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quick Post-op Post


It's 2:30 A.M. and I just got back to RMH. Jaime is stable, he's been waking up more and more. I spent the day and night "holding" him down as he wanted to pull his ET tube out. He snapped it apart several times, but it never came out! There's so much more to tell (he had a few "scary" moments), but as I said, it's really late, I'm super tired,16+ hrs at the hospital will do that to ya! I will have to post the "details" tomorrow (later today). Jaime is due to be circumcised in the morning...hoping all of that goes well...ouchy!
Until tomorrow....OK, OK, later today....

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I used to love it when Ruby would try to pull things out. It means she knows they aren't suppossed to be their. Plus they would be our kids if they weren't causing trouble! :)

    I'm sorry Jaime had a rough day. I hope you are able to get some rest. I also hope he has a better day tomorrow.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strong willed little guy you have! I'll be praying for lots of peaceful rest and smooth recovery for Jaime!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.