Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Target Goal

Today started off very interesting...early this morning one hungry little baby woke up. He drank 4oz. This "hunger" trend lasted all day. Jaime's immediate goal is 600 mls in a 24 hour period, however his long-term "target goal" is 760mls in a 24hr. period. Well, my hungry little baby must have overheard us talking about this goal and decided to exceed it! Yep, that's right, Jaime drank 765mls today, 3 of those bottles were "thickened" with rice, too! And how did Mr. Jaime tolerate all of this? WONDERFULLY!
He pooped only once today and Tom said it was "normal" Jaime poop. Jared and I were visiting my Grandma when this happened. We also had a little scavenger hunt. I made a list and Jared went outside with Tom to find things. Then, we did it at my Grandma's, too...you know she has different things in her yard! HA! For the record, Grandma is still very tired, but in good spirits. She was telling me stories of how she was teasing the drs. when she was in the procedure room. We laughed...then Jared showed her all of his stuff he found on his scavenger hunt. It was a nice visit. She wanted to see Jaime, but he was home napping. I told her I'd bring him over one day this week when Jared is in school.

So, that's about all to report...no pics today...I know, can you believe it? I didn't take a single photo of either boy today...bad Mommy! :-)
It's probably a given seeing how Jaime's appetite has suddenly increased over the last 2 days, but please say a little prayer for Jaime that his weight correlates with his increased intake! He has a dr. appointment tomorrow morning!
Thanks!
Wishing everyone a great week!

2 comments:

  1. i love all your pics you take! I'm glad you post them almost everyday lol......i'm praying that Jamie stays in good health! I'm so proud of him.
    candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I'm so glad yesterday was so wonderful for you (and Jaime!) I just know how frustrating it is when your kid doesn't eat... and when they exceed your expectations it just makes for a great day!! And normal poo's are always exciting!!

    Keep it up Jaime!!!!!

    by the way, how are you? did you rest yet?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.