Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Weight Gain...

Mr. Jailbird Gigglepants! (Obviously taken before his appointment)


I figured I'd post early today because I have ONE CRABBY BABY who is requiring lots of TLC today! He's FINALLY asleep!!!! That only took ALL DAY!!!!

Anyway, Jaime went to see Dr. Hellerstein this morning...he's 12.05 lbs. He's down to the 7th percentile (from the 9th) for his adjusted age, but still not on the charts for his "real" age.
While we were there, Dr. Hellerstein decided to give Jaime his 6mos. shots. We were due back on Friday and she said she doesn't want him to have to come out again this week. I was glad because her office isn't all that close to us, but now I'm left with one crabby baby! He's draped over his Boppy fast asleep! :-)

ZZZZZzzzzzzz!!!!


Jaime is up to 580mls for the day so far. I talked to Cincy, they are going to keep Jaime on this plan for a while and slowly build his calories back up. I've been adding either rice cereal or oatmeal to his bottles to beef him up a little, too...not to mention it helps thicken them for him.
So the only other thing to mention is that Cincy and Cleve are working diligently to get in-home therapy for Jaime. Neither Dr. wants Jaime out and about, especially during flu season.
Tomorrow will FINALLY be our first Early Intervention P.T. session. The therapist is coming at 1:00. (Jared has a dentist appointment at 3:00 and swimming at 5:45, so it's going to be a busy afternoon.)The problem with EI is that they are only going to come once a month, not nearly as much as Jaime needs. He has regressed in the development department since his pneumonia. He no longer even tries to roll over, he hardly grabs for toys, but is still slowly making progress holding his bottle. Those Platex bottles with the bags are larger than the normal ones and a bit awkward, so I give him lots of credit for wanting to hold them.

Really someone ought to tell him that he doesn't have teeth! HA! (This, too was taken before his shots)


That's all for now, Happy Monday! :-)

2 comments:

  1. He looks so cute!

    The thing Ruby eats with a NUK brush. Her Speech Therapist gave it to us. She loves it! I bought another one online so we would have two. Just google NUK brush :)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.