Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

600+


Today was a great day for Jaime. Yes, he STILL has diarrhea...3 dirty diapers today and 1 vomit, but overall he's doing well. His daily goal is 600mls, well, my little over-achiever drank 635mls today! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!! The little stinker also managed to pull out his NG. Tom and I did not replace it yet because Jaime had just finished a 4oz bottle...YES, 4oz! WHAT? He NEVER does that! Anyway, then Tom had a gig to play at, so we said we'd do it later. We added Jaime's total intake by 5:30, he only needed 175mls more to meet his daily requirement...and as I mentioned above...he exceeded it! So, we WON'T be putting the NG back in until tomorrow because Jaime doesn't need to be on the feeding pump tonight. Well, we could put him on it, but I'm certain we'd wake up to a throwing up little boy, as that would be too much for him to tolerate! I did weigh him, he gained 4oz today. I know it's not entirely accurate when weighing them everyday, but nonetheless...we're keeping our fingers crossed for continued weight gain!
Final note on Jaime, he was very playful today. He was back to his "normal" self and routine. Up most of the morning, napped all afternoon, up all evening until 10:00 P.M. Here are some pics from his day!

Jaime laughing in his swing.

Jared and Jaime playing with my old Fisher Price "Little People" from the 1970's.

Two silly boys in their car pjs!


So, yes, as you can see Jaime had a great day!

As for Jared...he, too, had a fun day! Tom took him to his ice skating lessons this morning, then I took him to Pumpkinville. It's where we go every year to get our pumpkins. After we got our pumpkins, we came home and finished hanging up our Halloween stuff. Jared loves Halloween...as you can see in the picture of him and Jaime with my old toys...he's wearing his "Dark" Vader Halloween costume. Then, Tom went off to his gig and Jared and I ordered pizza and bread sticks...his favorite! After dinner, the three of us just played first with Jaime's baby toys...trying to get Jaime to "practice" sitting up and doing some therapy with him, then we played with the Little People. Now, both boys are fast asleep on the living room floor. (Jaime in his boppy and Jared cuddled in his brown fleece blanket.) Jared was watching "Harry Potter," but has petered out. Jared wants to read the Harry Potter books, so every night, Tom and Jared read a chapter...he's still on the first book, as they just started this. Each day, Tom and I set aside 20 minutes (usually more) to just do something with Jared. We call is "Mommy time or Daddy time." We have seen such a change in Jared since we started doing this. It's really fun, too!
Here are some pics from Jared's day!

The GREAT Pumpkin?

All 7 of our pumpkins...yea, Jared got a bit carried away with the little ones!

Even Pumpkinville has a sign!

Jared arranged the pumpkins on our porch and he's showing off his chocolate chip cookie.

Our Halloween decorations outside.


I know that some of you have asked about my Grandma...unfortunately the news she received wasn't good, however she came home from the hospital today...tired, but in good spirits! Please say a little prayer for her! Thanks!

That sums up today...wishing everyone a restful Sunday! :-)

5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that Jamie is eating better! Maybe you guys can be done with the NG tube for good:) Jerrod looks so cute with his pumpkins. Funny - Marissa picked out 2 small pumpkins today at Lowe's. What is it with the small sized pumpkins and kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I am glad Jaime is eating well. Maybe he is trying to say he doesn't need the NG tube anymore. glad you are all doing well and are home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are home!! And I'm glad yesterday was a good eating day, that always puts me in good spirits so I'm thinking it does the same for you. :) I am praying he continues to eat that well. :)

    I love the big pumpkin Jared is on!! haha, it's fantastic!! Could you imagine the face you could carve in that thing!! :)

    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. We will be praying for her as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the day went well and I hope that Jaime has a full recovery soon.

    You all are ready for Halloween - I feel like I must do this too! Love the name Pumpkinville.

    Keeping you all and your grandma in my thoughts and prayers - good spirits can mean a whole lot!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is decorated so cute. Love all the pumpkins on the steps. Will definitely say a prayer for your grandmother.

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.