It's just been crazy. No, I don't want him to stay in the hospital, but I didn't want him to come home "unchanged" either. Unfortunately, the discharged occurred before I was even up there. His O2 is still up...in fact I had to put him up to a liter last night because he was satting low, breathing hard and had a heart rate close to 200. He's currently at 3/4, he's satting in the mid 90's with a heart rate around 180. (This is NOT Jaime's base.) He is normally on 1/4 liter O2 with high sats and heart rate around 140-150.
Oh well, such is life....
We have an NG again with a new feeding plan to bulk Jaime up. As I explained the other day, Jaime is to get 4oz thicken liquids every 3 hours while awake. If he doesn't finish the bottle, then we have to put the rest through his feeding tube. Then, at night, Jaime goes on the feeding pump at 59mls an hour for 8 hrs. Jaime is really close to 13lbs on this little plan. However, the Simply Thick is still giving him diarrhea...
Anyway, we're still planning our trip to Cincy on Wednesday...my mom's here to keep an eye on Jared for us while we go. Jaime has lots of "newly" scheduled tests in Cincy on Thurs. and Fri. since his latest admission here in Cleveland. Hopefully we'll get some much needed answers as to why Jaime's having these new problems.
Never a dull moment here!
Enjoy some pics from yesterday....first some of Jared at his ice skating lesson...this was the first time I got to go since last February. Jared's teacher said she's passing him to the next level up because he's doing so well! YEA, way to go, Jared! He absolutely LOVES ice skating...not everyone can say that they ice skate...and well at that! :-) (Unfortunately the pics were taken through the glass, so they aren't great, but you get the idea!)
Jared side skating with his right foot off of the ice.

Left foot swizzle...

Who's on the phone?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...it's a chilly one here!



I can speak from experience, the Swine flu isn't fun, and you definitely don't want the boys to get it. Hollie has been miserable, but she's doing much better, thanks to Tamiflu. Love the skating pics.
ReplyDeleteSending lots of prayers!
Love,
Stephanie