Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

3-12-09

Hello,

Just wanted to give you a quick update...My procedure to reduce the amniotic fluid is at 10:00 A.M. tomorrow (Friday, the 13th, Dad...ARGH!), then I will be placed in labor and deliver for several hours of observation. With luck, I will come home tomorrow feeling fine! I will be on total bed rest indefinitely after that.

As for today, I've been having contractions on and off...more so this evening. I've packed a Jaime bag and Mommy bag, just in case we need it tomorrow and I've called our Pastor to fill him in on things. He said he's available to us 24/7 as long as we're here in Cleveland.

Also, Dr. Varyani called me to let me know that she is officially off of my case, as I have become too complicated for her to manage. :-(

That's the latest, Titi will be here tomorrow to help with Jared, my mom will follow.

Hopefully, I will be able to post some "good news" tomorrow night!

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers,

Hugs,
Sheryl

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and Jaimie! I hope the procedure goes smoothly, and will be looking for a positive update tomorrow night! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.