Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

3-20-09 Good News/Bad News

Let's see...where do I start?

Bad news...last night I started to have some bleeding, so Tom took me to the hospital. Low and behold, I had the "pleasure" of spending yet another night at the hospital. I was told that a small area of my placenta had become detached (placental abruption). I also have low blood pressure and am anemic. After being watched on Labor and Delivery all night, I was transferred to the high risk OB floor (at 6:15 A.M.). I was there until 7:30 P.M. tonight. I was told that if I stopped bleeding, didn't have contractions and had a decent ultra sound, then I could come home.

Good news...I'm home. Everything has stopped for the moment. I am just extremely exhausted. Also, my amniotic fluid is down to 17cm from 22cm on Wed. which is completely NORMAL! Jaime's heart is still looking good and the bleed has stopped for the time being. Oh, and my current Factor VIII level is 82%, which is completely awesome from my "normal" 34%. This means that I will be able to naturally clot without using medications to help me.

I'm back to 100% bed rest and I'm due back at the hospital for another ultra sound on Monday. I'm also supposed to continue on the Indocin, as it is clearly working!

That's my latest update! Please pray that the whole placenta doesn't decide to detach, as Jaime would have to be born by an emergency C-section...and in Cleveland no less!
Thank you so much for thinking of us!

Love,
Sheryl

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you, Sheryl..Man, if it isn't one thing, it's another!! You are doing so good handling all that is coming at you :) Keep us posted, and REST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that the placenta doesn't attach and you can carry Jaime several more weeks. Do stay on that 100% bed rest, for it is very important for you and Jaime in the weeks to come. Thinking of you! Hang on Jaime and keep fighting!! Fingers crossed the ultrasound on Monday looks good and no more bad news. ((((HUGS)))) Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I'm thinking about you. Just a little bit longer Jaime. You're so close!!! You're entire family is in our prayers.

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.