Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3-18-09

Just a quick update...Stacy took me to my ultra sound today (my mom came to town yesterday to swap with my sister and was home watching Jared). Today, Dr. Corteville checked Jaime's heart and my fluid, both were great! (Jaime was even doing his practice breathing-in spite of his liver being in his chest, which was awesome!) My fluid is down to 22cm, so much better than 34cm or even 28cm. I have rested from our hospital ordeal and at the moment am feeling pretty good, just a little tired! Yesterday I had about 12 contractions all day, today about 3. Dr. Corteville said that I can get up a little, but if the contractions start, I have to lay down again. She also said as long as I feel OK, I can drive. (YEA, I can go to Jared's ice skating tonight!) I am also going to continue on the Indocin, as it seems to be significantly helping!

Anyway, that's the latest, no fun new pics to share, it was mostly an "all business" visit. My next ultra sound appointment is Friday at 10:15 A.M.

Thanks to everyone who have sent us emails, cards, donations for medical expenses, and dinners this past week, we truly appreciate everything everyone is doing for us! Also a special thank you to Titi, my mom and Colleen for helping out with Jared and the house...including that mountain of laundry! :-)

Thank you all for continuing to keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Sheryl

P.S. We're 1 week closer to Cincinnati! :-) (I'm 30wks now!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the prayers are working. I can imagine how uncomfortable the high fluid levels are...I feel so "tight" as it is :) I was amazed at how fast my levels dropped, just by getting a weekend of rest. I am praying that Mr. Jaime will stay put for another 8 weeks or so...GROW, LUNGS, GROW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jaime looks like his big brother! All business ultrasounds - need a little fun too.

    Keeping you in my thoughts, prayers and Lung Function chants,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.