Hello All,
It's been an extremely long and somewhat painful day for me. I am home resting, now. The amnio reduction consisted of reducing 2 liters of fluid from my uterus (5 lbs. total). My stomach literally felt like a deflating balloon as the fluid came out. The whole procedure took about an hour start to finish. I was measured after the reduction and I am at 28cm, still high, I should be under 20cm, but much, MUCH better than 34cm. Dr. Corteville wanted to take more out, but the numbing medicine wore off, I started to feel everything and my uterus was contracting and bleeding too much. She was pleased with what she got out, so we stopped. After the procedure, I had to go to labor and delivery, where Tom and I sat for hours. I was having contractions 3 minutes apart for several hours. They gave me additional medication to stop the contractions. I was checked, I am not dilated, but my cervix has significantly softened. Dr. Corteville felt that I was OK to come home, but I am to go back if anything changes.
Anyways, just wanted to let you know that we're home safe and sound and that Mr. Jaime is staying put for the time being!
My sister is here and Jared is loving the extra attention from her!
Thank you all for the prayers!
I'm off to bed now,
Good Night,
Sheryl

Thinking of you and hopeing little Jaime stays put for a while!!! The things we go through as mothers. Whenever I had to do something uncomfy during my pregnancy I just had to remind myself how much he would go through when he got here... of course I had no idea what he would really be going through. These guys are so tough!!! :-) Thinking of you and hoping no complications!
ReplyDeletePraying for you Sheryl. Hoping Jaime stays put and that your fluid levels maintain or even go down!! I can imagine how uncomfortable it is when they get high. Take it easy and keep us posted :)
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about you! I am so glad to hear that you are home! I am sorry you had to go through all of that, I know how unpleasant that had to of been for you! Hopefully you are getting pampered and taking it easy. I remember being so emotionally exhausted with just the worry alone, not to mention the physical toll it takes as well. We will be praying for uneventful days ahead and just more time for Mr Jamie to keep growing and get ready for his big day!I am here if you need anything! Don't hesitate! I can be in Cleveland in no time! :)
ReplyDeleteBlessing to you,
Carrie Baker