Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

3-16-09

Hello Family and Friends,

Just thought I'd update you on some happenings. Last night, I had contractions 5 min. apart for several hours...even on the Indocin. So, I called the dr. He called me back around 9:15 P.M. and told me to come in to the hospital. Tom and I went up to Labor and Delivery. Sure enough, the contractions were consistent. They checked me, I was still closed...thank God. Well, then they decided to do some lab work. I had an elevated D-Dimer, so they told me I had to stay. (The D-dimer could be an indication of a bleed somewhere, most likely for my situation, in the uterus.)
Anyway, I was monitored all night. In the morning, they drew more labs. The morning labs came back that I am anemic and I'm dehydrated, too. I had a scheduled ultra sound for this afternoon, but they did it while I was there. The baby looks just fine, measuring big, about 33wks, though I'm 29wks. 4day. His heart looks GREAT in spite of the Indocin, also good news. My fluid level is still down from Friday.

Now, as for the contractions, I am still having them. I had them the entire time I was in the hospital. I am still on the Indocin and I am due back at the drs. on Wednesday. I was told to continue bed rest, drink more fluids and I am to come back to the hospital again if my contractions become consistent like they were last night.
I'd like to say that I am feeling better, but I'm really not. I am exhausted from last night's ordeal. (Tom is, too-he had to sleep on a chair!) My sister was here with Jared all night, poor guy woke up at 6:00 A.M. looking for us. (Titi was tired, too because she went to bed really late after finding out we weren't coming home.)
We got home after Jared went to school today and we all laid down. I am back to my spot on the couch and I'm sporting me new Snuggie that my sister bought me! (HA-Thanks, Titi!)
Dr. Corteville seems to think that these contractions will probably continue on and off through the remainder of my pregnancy. Again, I have to get to 32wks. in order for Cincinnati to help Jaime. 2 1/2 more weeks!

That's my latest update, please continue to pray that we make it to Cincinnati!

Thank you!

Love,
Sheryl

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sheryl...what an ordeal! I really feel for you. Like we don't have enough to worry about, factor in pre-term labor! REST, RELAX, DRINK YOUR WATER...and tell Mr. Jaime to stay put!! I know you must feel miserable (I know I do), but try and make the best of it. I am sending you non-contraction, low AFI, and many comfy vibes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you Sheryl, hang in there!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Sheryl and Jaime. Hoping Jaime stays put for several more weeks. I am surprised they don't keep you on strict bed rest with the contractions you are having. Make sure you are resting and relaxing and drinking lots of water. Keep telling Jaime to stay put!! Hang in there, you are doing great!

    Hugs, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl, yes I have been following ...sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. I'm so sorry you've had these extra issues to deal with. Like the other posts say, tell Jaime to hang in there a little longer. I want you to get to Cincy. The staff in the RCNIC is WONDERFUL, I LOVE them. They treated Emily and I with love and respect...they gave me my daughter that wasn't expected to live. Miracles DO happen. When you get to Cincy, you tell them you're friends of Emily and for them to give you and Jaime extra good care, or else!
    Hang in there and keep positive thoughts.
    I'm sending them to you right now.

    www.carepages.com/Emilyishere

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.