Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

3-23-09 Another U/S


Hello,

I had another ultra sound this afternoon to check Jaime's heart. All is well, except for the CDH. My fluid level is 18.5 cm. a bit higher than Friday (17.3cm), but well within normal range. Once I'm off of the medication, it will probably creep up again. We were told that the fluid reduction usually lasts only about 72 hours, we've already gotten 10 days out of it, so we're all very pleased!

Also, I had a phone call from Cincinnati, they have cleared me to come down at any point as long as Cleveland says it's OK. Well, Dr. Lazebnik said today that he's comfortable having me travel, too.
So, I just need final clearance from Dr. Corteville and we can go.

Tom and I need to finalize a few things here before we go, so it won't be like we're leaving tomorrow...or even this weekend for that matter. It's just nice to know that we're able to go down there whenever we feel we're ready to!

So, that's my update for now! I'll be back at the hospital for another ultra sound on Wednesday and on Saturday.

Let's keep hoping and praying that things continue to stable out so that we can get to Cincinnati in the upcoming weeks!

Thanks,
Sheryl

2 comments:

  1. Sheryl,
    I'm so glad to hear that Jaime is behaving and that your fluid level is staying down. Right now it's probably difficult to stay positive, but that's exactly what Jaime needs from you now. Be well. Have faith.
    Sue

    PS. Thanks for your understanding : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to hear that everything is still going good. I will pray Dr.C will give you the go ahead. God Bless you and your family, and Jaime is always in our prayers!!

    Jamie M
    Mom to ^Kaden^

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.