Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

1st day of Summer?!?

Today was the hottest day of summer, at least in Cleveland from what I'm told. Jared and I totally took advantage of it by spending the entire day...literally from 1:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M. at the Smith's house. We went swimming in their pool. Thank you Colleen and Ed for letting us spend the day with you guys! It was so incredibly relaxing...floating in the pool with a nice cold drink on a HOT summer day, what could be better? Thanks for dinner, too...it was delicious! (Same time tomorrow? :-) It was also great seeing Marilyn, Bob, and Xavier...baby girl (Harper) to-be, too! ;-)
Jared and Connor had so much fun. And Miss Lauren, actually swam on her own for the very first time! Jaime even got in on the pool action after dinner when the sun had started to set and it started to cool down (OK, it went from the high 90's to the mid 80's). He wasn't sure about it at first, but after a few times, he enjoyed his toes being dipped in the pool!
Here are pictures of the boys after dinner. (As I said Jared and I were in the pool all day, but I didn't have my camera until Tom came this evening with Jaime.)






Since this blog is technically about Jaime...I'll let you all know that he's doing well. He's sitting on 1/2 liter O2 again with great sats. I think that we will try to wean him sometime this week down to 1/4 liter, as was the plan after our first trip to Cincy. Speaking of Cincy...Tom and I would like to thank all of Jaime's WONDERFUL primary nurses for spoiling him so much that the only time he will nap is when someone's holding him! ;-) He's so darn spoiled, I attribute 100% of it to you nurses! I even have a little song I sing to my spoiled little baby. Thanks girls! Surely, you know that we love each and everyone of you, but I must admit sometimes I curse you girls when it comes time to put him down, and yes, I DO put him down!!!! LOL!!!! By the way, we're still waiting for one of you nurses to come to Cleveland to take care of Jaime for us...we miss you all so much! :-)
As for Jaime's brady/desats...those have continued, we are recording them as they happen on Jaime's heart monitor. We're hoping that we get some answers on that soon. I still hold out hope that it's just the malfunctioning of the monitor that we have and not truly an issue with Jaime....we'll see!!!!

Here's a cute little photo of Jaime in one of his new onesies...thanks Grammy, this outfit is very fitting for our little guy! It says, "I'm a really big deal."



I'm off to put the boys to bed. Both are currently asleep on the living room floor. Jaime fell asleep after his bottle and Jared fell asleep while watching a tornado story on the Weather Channel. (He's completely wiped out...thanks, Colleen....good plan you had today!)
Wishing everyone a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.