Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fortune!

Early this morning I called Cincy about Jaime's issue. When the call was returned, Jaime had just finished a little over an ounce of pure prune juice (40mls). Dr. Haberman wants Jaime to start MiraLAX. Late this afternoon (without the MiaLAX), Jaime had one big dirty diaper! I know, what an incredibly gross topic to blog about, but hey, that's what's up in "Jaime's World!"
After his full diaper, he was all smiles. :-)



Grammy found this onesie for Jaime and it couldn't be more appropriate for our situation! Jaime felt lucky today, having an effortless dirty diaper. Who knows why the juice worked today...he's been drinking prune juice on and off for a couple of weeks now. The other funny thing about this onesie is that we announced Jaime's gender on Christmas by putting it in a homemade fortune cookie. (My brother was the one who picked the "It's a boy" fortune!)

After I took a picture of Jaime, Jared wanted me to take a picture of his Lego creation...I can't remember what he called it, but it was pretty cool, that Jared is so clever with his Legos!!!!



Jared and Jaime "played" outside this evening...both are worn out! Woohoo!!!
Jaime is asleep in his bouncer and Jared is getting ready for bed. I'm off to go help him!

Good Night!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything came out alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was Emily's lucky day too! Finally after almost five days she too had a dirty diaper...YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to post yesterday...it wouldn't let me. I wanted to know if you cut Jaime's hair? It looks shorter?!?! Anywho, he is a doll!!! Funny shirt. You and your family...where do you all find these crazy things? Gotta love the internet, huh? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking boys! Hope the pooping thing continues ...on a regular basis. Did you ever think the pooping would be such a topic of discussion? Also, love the shirt. Our love, Dale and Majken, little Joe and the Mom's

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.