Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

Quick Post...lots of Pics!

It's late, so I thought I would just post some recent pics of Jaime. OK, I know it's not like he changes everyday, but he's so animated, I can't resist sharing him with all of his "fans."

Mr. Innocent? You be the judge!


Mmmm, my thumb takes soooo good!


Rock Band sleeper in honor of Daddy!!!


People have asked what Jaime's scar looks like...well, folks...here it is! You can see his little pouch, too! All things considered, it looks really great!


Rolling....


Nope....


Let me try this again....rolling take 2....



YES, success!!! OK, Mommy, now what?!?


I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we did taking them!
The biggest news to report is that we just had a fabulous evening out at the church. It was a Spaghetti Dinner fund raiser for our family. I'll add a quick "thank you" to everyone who attended and put the event together! We all had so much fun! Tomorrow I will post pictures and tell more about the event. It requires it's own post and honestly, it's really too late tonight to give it the time it deserves!
Have a restful evening...that's what I'm hoping for-Jaime just fell asleep, so I'm hoping he sleeps all night?!? Fingers crossed!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Looks like you are going to have the CDH pant problem...if they fit in the waist, they look like capris in the length! :) His waist is so tiny. It's great to see him doing so well and rolling over, too. Just wait till he's on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true on the pants issue. Emily is 19 months today and most 12 month shorts/capris are too big in the waist! I've tried going back to some 9 mo, but then the diaper hangs out of the leg opening! Sometimes the second hand clothes work best, because they're "pre-shrunk."
    Thanks for sharing all the pics, I love seeing Jaime grow and change, even if it is only through photos.
    Great work rolling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.