Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Beautiful Saturday

Jared and I spent most of the day outside. He's still psyched about being able to ride his bike again. I decided to do some "Spring Cleaning." Every spring I sweep the patio, pull the patio furniture out, weed, trim the plants, etc. Today, I decided to do a little of that. I cleaned up the yard a little. I washed out Jared's sand box and put new sand in it. I washed Jared's old stroller so that Jaime could start using it. I also cleaned the patio and brought the furniture out. Seems a little weird doing all of this August 1st, but I figure, Summer isn't over yet! :-)
Tom's parents came to town for a visit. Tom's mom helped me weed the flower beds. Tom and his father made BRATS for dinner...they were from a Swiss meat shop in St. Louis. This shop was once featured on the Food Network. They were delicious!
Jaime had a good day, only one brady/desat episode and that was just a few moments ago. He's asleep now. Jared is staying at the hotel tonight with my in-laws. Apparently there is an indoor pool and hot tub, so they went back after dinner to swim. I'd like to say that he's asleep, too, but something tells me that's probably not the case! HA!
Before I go, I just wanted to remind everyone that the 2nd Annual Hemophilia Walk is fast approaching...it's August 29th. If you want to walk, PLEASE register today and let my sister or I know what size shirt you'll need, as we are once again providing team shirts for Walk Day. If you are unable to walk and would like to support us, donations are still being accepted. Please click on the link on the right side of the blog. It will take you to our team page, where you can register and/or donate! Our goal this year is $2000, last year we raised just about $1900. Every little bit helps! Thank you sooooo much!!!! :-)

That's about all for my update...not much to report.
Here are a few pics we took today. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Swiss Meat Company rocks!!!! I live about 20 miles from them. When we get ready to have any hogs or beef butchered and prepared, they are where we turn to. Good stuff!

    Praying that Jaime's episodes are just a small glitch he will work out soon!!!!

    Keeping you all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.