Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Congratulations.....

A Big CONGRATULATIONS are in order for the NEW MR. & MRS. MARK GRICE!
Megan was a clarinet student of mine many, MANY years ago. She was in our wedding 7 years ago and was Jared's very first baby sitter! This afternoon, Jared and I had the pleasure of attending Megan and Mark's wedding! They are two wonderful young people! Often times when Meg baby sat for Jared, Mark would be right there with her. They love Jared and are always so sweet to him...we LOVE BOTH of them and wish them all the best in their new life together!
Saying their vows....

Walking out of church...

A quick pose just for us!

My date, Jared's very first wedding...I even got him to wear a button down.

Not my dates, but too handsome not to post!





Here are some recent pics of the boys....











We are all doing well! There's nothing really to new to preport. Jaime's poop issues are slowly working themselves out...pun intended...tee, hee! Also, yesterday, I gave Jaime a "window" without O2 to see what would happen. He was off of the O2 for 3 hours and satting great...100% almost the entire time. I had to put him back on it to feed him...he just isn't perfect at the suck, swallow, breathe thing! He's getting there, though. Today, was too hot and the air pollutants were "unhealthy for sensitive groups" and although Jaime was inside all day (until the sun went down), I could tell he was breathing a little harder, so the only time he was off of his O2 was during a quick bath this morning.

As for the brady/desats, well, our pulse ox died the other day, so I requested another one ASAP. It came later that day and since then, there have been no brady/desats. HMMMMM, we're seriously thinking...hoping really, that it was just the machine malfunctioning and not Jaime's heart. We won't know anything until we hear from cardiology in Cincy.
Last night we visited with my Grandma, she thinks Jaime's gotten longer since being home. I hope so, we go to the pediatrician for Jaime's 4 month check up on Monday. Jaime turned 17 weeks old yesterday. He's sleeps from 10 P.M. until usually 4:00 or 5:00 A.M. gets up, has a bottle, and goes back to sleep until 8 or so. Has another bottle and then takes a morning nap. As of today, we are dropping 3 of his medications (2 supplements and 1 diuretic)...WOOHOO! Jared is very sad to be starting school in 10 days because he's really starting to enjoy Jaime more and more everyday. Jaime is getting more active and playful. Also, while we are still a freak show every where we go, it's getting much easier. I've even managed to go a few places by myself with both boys this week. Tom's been performing in a pit orchestra for a local theater performance, so it's just been the boys and I all week. It's really great having two kids, Tom and I can't even remember what it was like not to have Jaime! :-) He's so darn cute!

Wow, this is getting so long...I'll go. OK, I lied, before I go, I just want to remind everyone that we are still accepting donations for the 2nd Annual Hemophilia Walk. The walk is in exactly 2 weeks! Any and all donations are appreciated, please click on the "Hemophilia" link on the side of my blog to donate online. Just so that you know Jared and Jaime will directly benefit from your donations. Thank you in advance for your contributions to our Walk.

OK, I'm off....enjoy all of the pics and have a GREAT WEEKEND!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Love ALL the pics! Glad to hear Jamie is doing so well!!! He is adorable...an so is his big brother with that nice button down shirt! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see and hear that Jaime is doing so well. You do such a good job with the pictures. We can tell what a happy baby he is. Continuing to pray!

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.