Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hemophilia Walk is in 2 days!

Our Sweet Innocent Boy after his bath this evening!



Not much to tell! Jared had another good day at school and Jaime was back on his sleeping schedule and drank 100% of his bottles...he even pooped tonight! YEA!
Tomorrow, the early intervention coordinator is coming over to set up in-home therapies for Jaime. Finally, he has a dr. appointment on Monday...here's hoping we're able to "fatten" Jaime up some before then! :-)

What I'd really like to focus on in this blog is that the Hemophilia Walk is just 2 days away! We are still accepting donations. We are at 89% of our $2,000 goal.
Please follow the link to our page to make your donation today!!!!
http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=27585&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=117549
Thank you sooooo much in advance for your contribution to this really great cause!

As for our Hemophilia Team....we'll see you all tomorrow night at our "Team Dinner!" Remember, dinner is at 6:00 P.M. Thank you for joining our team...we really appreciate it!

Wishing everyone a restful night!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like Jamie is doing sooooo well!! I'm so happy when I see such happy kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I donated to The Helicopter Team!

    I think we all have great days and some off days - so Jaime is normal!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.