Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

SCHOOL DAYS....BUS 12!!!!




Today was Jared's second day of 1st grade. He said he had a "white" day, which, from what I hear is good?!? We received a call very early this morning telling us that Bus 12 would be picking Jared up and bringing him home! YEA! Jared just loves riding the bus and was a little upset when I drove him yesterday. I'm so glad that the school was able to work things out for us. While we were watching for the bus, we saw our neighbor, Dylan, getting ready to leave for his very first day of Kindergarten. I took a quick snap shot of the boys! Aren't they handsome?
Also, here are pics of Jared getting on and off of Bus 12 today!

Now, as for Mr. Jaime...or should I say, Mr. Night Owl? Jaime woke up at 3:00 A.M. (because Tom was coughing...he has his usual "fall" cold). I gave him a bottle and put him back to bed...or so I thought. That little stinker was up until Jared woke up at 7:30....so much for sleep! Zzzzz, I'm so sleepy! Then, he had another bottle and watched Jared get on the bus. He didn't fall asleep again until 2:55 P.M. UGH!
He's not eating all that great today...who knows why. He's not acting "sick." I did up his calories in his bottles today so that he doesn't lose them by not eating. By dinner time, he had scarfed an entire 4 oz bottle. I don't think Jaime really knows what he wants today! Either way, he's super cute! (Yes, I know the picture is blurry...sometimes my camera has a mind of it's own!)


In other news, I had the pleasure of talking to two of my Cincy CDH friends. Both Carter's mom's. Carter Adler had his open heart surgery and last we heard was "stable" in the CICU. Please continue to send positive thoughts their way, for Carter to have an uneventful recovery. This surgery gets them one step closer to home! :-)
Carter McBrayer is HOME. He came home on August 15th. He did, however get re-admitted for a few days due to some feeding issues. He's just about 100% tube fed at this time, but he's over 13 lbs and growing like a weed. Beth said it's a very slow, frustrating process. It was so great to talk with both of you ladies! We miss our CDH "Family" so much! Only you guys can truly understand what we went and are currently going through! :-) Wishing both boys the best!!!!

Well, that's my update for today...we're going to try and feed Jaime again, though I don't think he's in to it because he hasn't had a BM since Monday. (Poor guy!)

P.S. I didn't receive any results from yesterday's labs yet...Dr. Hellerstein was out today. She's supposed to call me tomorrow, per her nurse!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about Jaime's feeding trouble and lack of sleeping. How frustrating! It's good the school was able to figure out transportation for Jared, given your families situation.
    Hoping for a good nights sleep for you and Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Jamie seems to always have a smile on his face! What a sweetie! Jared is such a big boy riding the bus...never heard of a "white day"...he is funny! Love all the pics from yesterday too! Looks like you are all doing so well...although a little sleep deprived! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your boys are sooo handsome - I just love the dimples!! I understand how frustrating it is when they don't eat well. I'm glad you are able to add calories when needed to Jamie's diet. I hope you guys get on a regular sleep schedule especially now that school is in session. It was so good to talk with you the other day. Thanks for calling. Us CDH moms need to stay in touch!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.