For 4 months (a.a. 2 1/2 months) Jaime is doing great! He's been very vocal these days and he's reaching and holding toys. He's trying really hard (without success) to roll over, too. Tomorrow we'll find out if he's grown and how much he weighs at his 4 month "well" check.
Today, I was a bad mother...you see it all started when Tom and Jared came home from church. Jared had a vanilla bean Frappuccino from Star Bucks. Well, Jaime was starring at Jared's drink and licking his lips. So, I rubbed my fingertip along the side of Jared's drink to let him taste...you guessed it...he LOVED it. (OH NO, another Star Bucks snob kid...HA!) Anyway, it got me thinking...I had a box of baby rice cereal (from when I played a trick on the drs. in the NICU). So I took the rice and mixed it with prune juice-my thought being that the prune juice would help him poop, rather than just mix it with formula. I didn't make it thick at all because I didn't know what he'd do. I'm sure Jaime's drs. in Cincy would KILL me, but hey, all I can say is the proof of what happened is in the pics! :-)

(Titi, does this picture remind you of a certain picture taken with a bowl of cavatelli and meatballs never used for a canceled event???)



After Jaime's "lunch," Jared and I played out in our cabana hotel, renamed today as the "Trost Hotel." Today, we added a "spa." We had pedicures...it was fun...that is until it got cloudy and the rain came in!


Tom was gone again for the final performance of the play this afternoon, so the boys and I played inside. Jared wanted to use the McDonald's gift card he got from Grammy tonight, so once the rain stopped, we went there. Jaime had fallen asleep in the car, so we just went through the drive-thru. Jared didn't care...they have Lego Racers as their "Happy Meal" toy. Thanks for dinner, Grammy!!!!
This evening, I took Jared shopping for school stuff, including a new pair of tennis shoes. Grammy sent Jared money to pick out shoes...Jared wanted to go to K-Mart to get Route 66 shoes...how funny is that? They are pretty neat and they have laces on them, so I can put Jared's hemophilia medical alert ID on them. Thank you, Grammy!
After shopping, both boys got baths, and here they are...two, clean, handsome boys!

Jaime's white knit blanket was made with love by Auntie Edel...thank you, Edel, Jaime LOVES his blankie! Also, look, Jaime's "Jaime" cap FINALLY fits him...that only took 4 months...HA!

Enjoy the photos and have a great week!

Happy 4 month Birthday Jaime ! Sheryl.. your boys are so precious :) I am glad Jaime liked his pruney oatmeal. ( ha ha ha!! ) He looked like he enjoyed every bit of it.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of him in that hat! It sat on his desk at the hospital for SO long, he looks adorable in it! Glad to see you are all doing well:)
ReplyDelete