Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Abby Normal Trost Family Benefit!

Abby Normal and the Detroit Lean on Stage! (Thank you guys!)



Today was the most amazing day since we've been home! We spent the entire day at the Wickliffe I and A Club. Tom's band, Abby Normal and the Detroit Lean, the "Abby Wives" and Titi hosted a HUGE benefit for us. It was soooo much fun!
Thank you to everyone who helped put it together....Our entire Abby Normal Family, Titi, Gary, Phil, Driven, Pieces of Eight, Hit Machine, Disco Inferno, Stone Pony, Sumrada, Dave's Planet, Willoughby Brewing Company, El Charrito, Spectators, Scalpers, Muldoons, Vittorios, not to mention all of the wonderful bakers (Debbie!), those who donated prizes, and all of the students who helped out with serving and cleaning! We couldn't have asked for a better benefit.
The venue was great, the music was absolutely INCREDIBLE, the food was delicious, the prizes were amazing and the company....well, that was the best of all! Thank you all for taking an entire day off to be at our benefit....it was so great to see everyone (and meet some new wonderful people, too)! The support shown for our family today was truly overwhelming! Being part of such a successful event like this, goes to show you that there really are still some WONDERFUL people in this corrupt world of ours!
We are all loved so much....Tom and I always say, all we did was had a baby! I know you all think it was sooooo much more, but honestly, any of you would have done (and would continue to do) exactly what we do for your child! Jaime is amazing....such a strong, inspirational little guy....as is Jared. Both have been through more in their short little lives than most people go through in a lifetime! It's so awesome to know that there are so many people who care about our little guys as much as we do!

The Boys!!


Thank you for showing us your support and for joining our family for an amazing day of fun and festivities. Your support is greatly appreciated! We hope you all enjoyed the party as much as we did!
Before I give a little update on Jaime, I'd like to share a little story with you about Jared. Every night we say "Now I Lay Me" and what we call "God Blesses." Well, tonight we went through our routine and at the end of our "God Blesses" Jared said..."God bless all of the people who came to the party today." AMEN to that Jared! :-)
Check out the side of the blog for the slide show. I still haven't been able to figure out how to add a slide show in the post. If you were there an have photos...please email them to me and I can add them to the slide show. If you click on any photo in the show, it will take you to the Picasa site and you can see the photos enlarged! Enjoy!!!


Now, a quick update on Jaime...as I wrote this morning, we were having significant issues with vomiting and diarrhea. Clearly Jaime was showing signs of dehydration, so what I did was went back to our old Soy formula and thickened it with rice. YEP, that did the trick! I did have to give Jaime 5 oz of Pedialyte through his NG just to rehydrate him, but he held all of his bottles in (no vomiting or diarrhea) since 10:30 A.M. For those of you who asked, Jaime was put on 27cal Neosure in the hospital. He WAS on 26cal Isolmil. So, we actually went back to the 26cal Isomil and so far has tolerated it just fine. We're hoping that trend continues! We are going to ATTEMPT to put Jaime on the pump tonight, but only 20mls/hr for 6 hrs. It's not nearly as much as he needs, but we have learned that we have to start SLOWLY with Jaime or it will never work! Wish us luck tonight, I'll be starting the feeds in 15 minutes! :-)

One Happy Baby feeling better after the party!



Wishing everyone a great week ahead...Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could've been part of your wonderful day. Glad all went well. Hopefully the changes you're making with Jaime's food are tolerated by his little belly and he continues to have good days!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.