This morning, I called the pediatrician (his regular one wasn't on, but Dr. Cochran was, we know her well). I explained everything to her and told her I was not interested in going to the ER, that Jaime needed to be admitted. She totally agreed and set up the direct admit...or so she thought.
My sister came with me to Rainbows, we were to check-in to the ER for our bed assignment. Two and a half hours later, we had a bed. In the meantime, the three of us were sitting in the middle of the ER...in grand central "germ" station! I was so ticked. I couldn't believe that once again, I had to plead Jaime's case. The admitting dr. wanted Jaime to just be seen in the ER and sent HOME! NO WAY was I going to take this sick baby back home. Once we did finally get up to the floor, we did have some nice drs.
Let's put it this way, Jaime has not one, but two IV fluids running in addition to Pedialyte which will be put on the feeding pump throughout the night. Yep, that's exactly HOW dehydrated Jaime was. Poor guy! His soft spot was very sunken in, but I'm happy to report is getting better the longer Jaime is on fluids...he only had 2 wet diapers...and that was even after 7 oz. of Pedialyte. He cried without tears, his lips and mouth are very dry. He's cold....and overall just not himself.
So, here we sit again in Rainbows....this time we are on the 6th floor (6-608), with a new set of drs. as were are admitted under general peds versus pulmonology. It's crazy...I'm just hoping they figure Jaime's feeds out soon and that this is a quick visit!
Here's a pic of Titi feeding Jaime Pedialyte

And this one is Jaime in his bed once both of his IV's were started.

Thank you for continuing to keep Jaime in your thoughts and prayers!
P.S. Happy 6th birthday, sweet Chloe, we love you! (Jared's little girlfriend)

I'm sorry to hear that Jamie is back again in the hospital! Keep on yelling and get yourself heard the way that you are to get the best interest of your baby watched and looked after. It's so tough, but you're doing such a great job! He's such a cute baby!!!
ReplyDeleteI would have been pulling my hair out in the ER if I were you! It must be really hard having to deal with so many different medical personnel that aren't familiar with all of Jaime's needs. I don't post often, but I check on you guys all of the time, and I just wanted you to know that your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad God blessed you with the strength and sense of humor that has kept you going in spite of all the constant hurdles! Sending lots of positive thoughts, and hoping for better days ahead!
ReplyDeleteThat poor kid! I hope things are getting better and better!! You need to get out of that hospital!! It's hard to take care of you while your baby is in the hospital! Stay strong, and things will come back to normal, slowly but surely. We are praying for you and your family for all to be healthy again!
ReplyDelete