Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sizes...

Thursday, Jaime had a play date. Jonathan and Katie came over. It was fun. John is 10 months old and Jaime is 5 months old...what a difference in size, huh? By the way, Jaime is wearing another one of Jared's first 0-3 mos. outfits in these photos.




Moving on to other "size" things...in these photos Jaime is wearing Jared's "homecoming" outfit. Jared 4 days old, Jaime 20 weeks old...sleeper size 0-3 months. The colors look different simply because I took a picture of Jared's picture because at that time I didn't have a digital program.




While taking photos of Jaime in Jared's homecoming outfit, I caught Jaime watching the Brown's game. What was so great about this is that the TV is to the left of him forcing him to look left. He prefers to only look right, hence the torticollis. (BTW, any other CDH'ers out there have torticollis?)


While Jaime was "watching" the game (and doing PT without knowing it), Jared was busy building an airplane out his legos. Here's a funny photo of Jared flying it while making flying noises (that's why his mouth looks funny!)



Yesterday, Paula and the kids, Chloe and Connor, came over. Paula made us some DELICIOUS homemade tomato and zucchini sauce. The tomatoes were from her garden and the zucchini was from her friend's garden...we paired that with gnocchi and eggplant that was also from her garden. Mmmmm, that was probably our best, most fresh and healthy dinner yet! Thanks, Paula (you can cook for us ANYTIME!!! :-)
Here is a picture of the kids, talk about size....Chloe was 2 and Connor was just born when we first met. Jared and Chloe were in preschool together. (She's Jared's girlfriend, tee, hee!)



Last night, Jared rode his "big bike" it's 20 in., he finally grew in to it. He was very excited. I got on my roller blades for the first time since last summer. I was happy I didn't fall! :-) Can't wait to get back on the ice this fall/winter! Tonight we're going to cook-out...the Smith's may or may not join us! Tomorrow Tom and Jared will be going to the Indians game, courtesy of the 100 Inning Charity Softball Game. This will be Jared's 1st ever baseball game. He doesn't know he's going yet, but I'm sure he'll be excited!
Well, that just about "sizes" up my post for today!
Hope everyone is having a restful Labor Day weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been having a good time this weekend with all the visiting! Emily has the same carseat as John. She's 19 months and STILL using it. I know I'll have to give it up once the weather gets colder, so sad, she's quite comfortable in it! Jaime will grow in his own time and you'll be missing the days of him being so light and easy to hold. 20 lb Emily is tough on the arms! I don't know anything about torticollis, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Size isn't everything...lol. Kristen was one year old and only weighed in at 12lbs. She too had a torticollis. So we too did the look to the left stretches. She's 3.5 now and when she goes through growth spurts you can see it every now and again still. But I think it's just mommy over analyzing everything...lol. Jamie's looking good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sofie had torticollis - it's hard for these kiddos to escape it, especially after an ECMO run! I held Sofie up against my chest with her head facing the "bad" way as much as I could and did things like the tv trick you talked about. It worked itself out fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always kind of liked being able to get lots of wear out of clothes since Leah never outgrew them too fast. ;) You know how when you go shopping there are always XS or size 0 left? Maybe she will be one of the lucky ones to take advantage of that someday! :)

    I need to take a picture of the finished product, but after we talked about those wind turbine legos, my hubby came home with a set from a vendor/wind turbine company. It isn't available to the public (unless you are willing to pay big $ on e-bay) but it is very cool. It actually works with batteries. It took us three nights to put it together, but it was fun. He'll put it up at work--he said they are having a tour group of 4th graders come through soon. Here is a link to the turbine in action on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1Ujbyx7yQ&feature=related

    Kristyn
    Leah 8.11.05 R-CDH

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.