Jaime is still in the hospital. He was doing well until about 5:00 A.M. Then the flood gates opened...OK without going into too much detail, Jaime messed not only his diaper, but the crib, floor and wall....really, don't ask! It took an hour to get everything cleaned up, including him. Let's put it this way, he was weighed just 10 minutes before this "episode" and we re-weighed him after....he lost a total of 5 oz. :-(
I was just telling Jaime's nurse that he still looked puffy and I thought he should get his diuretic. She paged the resident...no sooner did she do that, Jaime made his "surprise." About 5 minutes after he was done, the dr. walked in, looked around and said..."Jaime won't be needing that diuretic after all, nor will he be going home."
They didn't even do rounds on him. The plan was to remain the same...continue feeding Jaime his Isomil 24cal and see what happens. Jaime did OK until this afternoon...and again was in desperate need of a bath and bed change.
Basin bath #2 for the day, obviously someone isn't happy.

After this episode, his intake significantly decreased. He drank a total of 7.5 oz for the day...his normal is somewhere between 20oz and 26oz. So, here I sit, we're waiting to see what the drs. want to do overnight...continuous feeds, fluids or just bottles as Jaime wants them. Stool cultures were sent and there was talk about sending them to see about malabsorption or something called "dumping?"
I did talk to Cincinnati and it could be possible that the Neosure milk-based formula irritated his bowels so much that he will take some time to recover from it. I'm really hoping this is the problem instead of a malabsorption issue...the little guy needs to gain weight. He's back under 12lbs again. He was up to 12.4lbs at one point. He'll be 24 wks tomorrow.
Here are some pics from today.
I mentioned on my Facebook that I was looking at CASE's turquoise Center for Layered Polymeric Systems out our window, here it is through the blinds at sunset. Yep, it's really that color!

Jaime and I were going stir crazy in the room and I begged to go for a walk...this is Jaime by the cool "bouncing-ball display" at Rainbows. (Those of you who have been to UH know what it is.)

We also made a pit stop in the gift shop and found some keys for Jaime. (Maybe those will help get us home...)

My little cutie pie getting sleepy after our outing.

I'm sure this is Jaime's "OK, Mamarazzi, enough with the camera already!"

As for Tom, he's still not feeling great, in fact he didn't go to work today and he didn't come up to the hospital either. I didn't even get to see my little Jared today. :-( Hopefully, we'll all be together at home tomorrow. (I almost can't wait to get home to bleach and Lysol my house...ewe....cooties floating about!)
As a side note...my only living Grandma was admitted to the hospital today, she hasn't been feeling well lately. The drs. are doing some tests...we're hoping they are all normal...thoughts and prayers going out to you, Gram!
Here's hoping tonight and tomorrow are uneventful for both Jaime and Grandma!

AWWWW such a trooper!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for your grandma!
ReplyDeleteAnd crossing my fingers that you and Jaime will get to go home soon,
Amber
wow I just feel for you! First your little baby and now your husband. I was really hoping you were going to say you were home! I really hope you can get some answers soon as I'm sure you are going stir crazy being at the hospital and being that you aren't sure what is wrong with mr. Jaime! However the pictures- Jaime looks as happy as pie!! :) I can not tell he is sick!! Does he act sick?? Or is he just a happy little guy? Oh I just wish you were home!! My mother-in-law and I think about you often!!
ReplyDeletePraying you go home soon with a healthy jaime!!!
Feel better soon Jaime!!! You guys have been through so much recently-I hope your whole family feels better!!! I wanted to make you feel better though-Dakota just hit 13lbs at 9 months and she is doing fine. I know how you feel though-weight gain and feeding is always on my mind and my little girl isn't even sick! Lots of prayers for health and recovery!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm betting it was the formula change that has his bowels so mixed up. Once that is cleared out of his system he'll feel better and want his bottles again. Jaime, as always, looks so cute in his pics. I like the tub one. Thankfully they allowed the field trip around the hospital. It must have felt good for both of you to take a walk.
ReplyDeleteLove ya :>
((hugs)) to you and your family! Praying that Jamie and your Grandma are home and healthy soon!!
ReplyDeleteDarn - I wish you guys were home. I know how tiresome hospital stays can be. We have managed to avoid the hospital with Carter's current sickness which I'm hoping doesn't get worse but he has a pretty bad cough! Hugs to Jamie and family. Sorry to hear about hubby. I know it is frustrating not seeing your other little one - Jerrod. Hope Jamie feels better today.
ReplyDeleteHope you get to come home soon! Prayers for Jaime and well wishes for your hubby.
ReplyDelete