Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Milestones

So, I wasn't going to post today, but I have some cute pics I just had to share.
Jaime ate sweet potatoes yesterday in his (Jared's old) high chair. It was the first time he was ever it, he looked so little in that big chair.


Yesterday and today, Jaime ate 3/4 (total for the day) of his jar of sweet potatoes. He really seems to like them. Like I said before, he loves to eat, he just doesn't have the endurance to consume a lot.


Last night I ran out to pick up a few things and when I was gone, Tom hung Jaime's rings from his swing. This is what he thought of them.


His gross motor skills are significantly delayed, so he's not one to open his hands and reach for things. Then, by late this afternoon Jaime did this....


Yep, he grabbed the toys (still with a closed fist sort of grab), but he was able to bring the toys to his mouth and suck on them. This was HUGE! He has NEVER really "grabbed" toys let alone put them near his mouth! At first I thought it was a fluke, but every time he was in his swing today, that's what he did....YEA!
After his "playtime" he was pooped and this is a picture of the only nap...all of 10 minutes that Jaime took today. He's so stinkin' sweet!


After dinner, Jared wanted to hold him. I took some funny pics, but I have to say this is the funniest. Jaime looks horrified and is probably thinking..."mommy tell this kid to put me down." While Jared is happy to have the opportunity to hug him! He's such a good big brother (most of the time...LOL)!


Now, I can not end this post without sharing some AWESOME news about two of our Cincy CDH Friends.
First and foremost, Carter is finally showing significant signs of improvement from his open heart surgery. He's even having some awake moments. People have asked me what Carter looks like, he's so darn adorable (despite his tubes and wires)! Well, I've decided today that I'd post a pic of him. So, my friends, I give you Carter Trace Adler, post-op left CDH repair, nissen, g-tube AND open heart surgery! We're so proud of this strong little man! :-)


Now, on to Miss Giavanna...she had the pleasure of taking a road-trip yesterday...and it WASN'T in the hospital. Gia went HOME to Illinois last night! We're so excited for her, Sarah and Nick! Congratulations to the DiGregorio Family!
Here's a picture of Gia (post-op LCDH repair, nissen, appendectomy, bowel surgery and G-tube) after waking up this morning at HOME!


So, this concludes my post for the evening! I'm happy to post such great news of our "Spring 09' Cincy CDH'ers." I can't wait for the reunion that we will all have one day! :-)

P.S. For those of you who have been bugging me to do so, I've officially become a member of Face Book.

5 comments:

  1. That's great that he's grabbing for things! He is darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, Facebook:) Be Jackson's friend on dogbook too, no, I'm not kidding. I will just say this...lots of time by the bedside of a totally snowed little boy...there is plenty of time for dogbook:) HA! I'll check back to view the pics, the computer is not allowing them to show up...boo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pictures today!! Way to go Jaime on eating and reaching for those toys. He is getting stronger with each passing day, so fun to watch him grow!!

    Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad those rings are attractive and therapy too! You can also attach toys to them to make them even more interesting!

    Glad the walk went so well! And the bleed was minor - sort of.

    Thank you for sharing the other Cincy babies! All adorable!

    Jared is a great big brother. I think the look on Jaime's face was - "Okay Mom, whatever we do - it is Jared's fault!"

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.