It's been a while since we've heard "Jaime Trost...day of life..." so I thought I would share that with everyone! It's truly amazing to think of all that our little boy has been through in his 150 days of life!
Here's some new news...Jaime and Jared are sick! Both have colds...Jared's is much worse than Jaime's. (Thank goodness...I know that sounds bad, but Jaime can't afford to be as sick as Jared.)He spent most of last night awake coughing. (For once it was Jared that kept me up!) Hopefully, Jared will start to be on the mend...poor kid missed his first day of ice skating lessons today.
As for Jaime, he is retracting much more than normal. His O2 is bumped back up to 1/2 liter. As for his weight, well, that went down since our last visit...he's 11 lbs. 10 oz. (glad that our home scale is dead on with the drs. scale) on a happier note, Jaime has FINALLY grown! He measured close to 23 1/2 inches...woohoo!!!!
So, here's what Dr. Namrow said...if Jaime develops any of the following, he will be admitted to the PICU at Rainbow's: his O2 requirement goes higher, he gets a fever, he stops eating and/or urinating and if his cough/congestion gets worse. Dr. Namrow will be checking in on us later this weekend. He did warn us that when these little ones get sick, they can deteriorate pretty quickly. We're hoping this is just a MINOR cold so that we don't have to get admitted. (I know, this, in general is pretty minor compared to what other CDH'ers are currently going through, but nonetheless, it's still a scary place to be in, oh the joys of being out of the NICU.)
I have spent the afternoon on a hot date with Clorox! Bleaching everything that I possibly could in my house...right down to all of the toys...Jared's and Jaime's. I don't want to take any chances. Jared is also banned from playing with Jaime.
Here are two pics I took of the boys...
Jared right after he found out that he didn't have H1N1, but Tom told him he had R2D2. :-)

A pale Jaime sporting his new CDH Breath of Hope shirt (courtesy of CafePress)

Before I close, the 4 of us would like to wish my parents, Karen and Frank (AKA Grammy & Poppy), a happy 39th Wedding Anniversary! We hope that you are enjoying your visit with Scott and the Fam. We can't wait to see you at the Benefit on the 27th. (http://www.trostfamilybenefit.com/)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.