Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Grandparent's Day!

Jared and Jaime would like to wish Grammy, Poppy, Nana, Papa, Great-Grandma Fields and "Whistle" Grandma a very Happy Grandparent's Day!!!! We hope everyone enjoyed their day...even if we couldn't be with you!

Jared was up most of the night coughing, Jaime on the other hand slept ALL night! I was THRILLED (with Jaime, not Jared.) I kept getting Jared water and medicine. Sadly, he had to miss his first day back at Sunday School and the balloon launch. By this afternoon he was sounding better, but by tonight, he was coughing again. I sure hope he's well enough for school tomorrow!
Jaime is better! In fact this afternoon, he refused his bottle, but was doing something funny with his lips (he puckers and sucks on them while playing with his tongue). So, I thought, let's try food again..YEP, that's EXACTLY what he wanted. He ate an entire jar of sweet potatoes over just two feedings. Here is a funny photo of Jaime...he decided at the exact moment I was spooning sweet potatoes into his mouth that he wanted to play with his tongue...and this is what happened to the sweet potatoes! Jared and I were cracking up! (You had to be there, he couldn't have done this "trick" again if he tried!)



Notice that Jaime is still a bit pale in the sweet potato picture...now check out this one! Much different baby this evening in one of my favorite sleepers!



I'm always talking about Jared and Jaime in these posts...let me share a little "Tom Story" with you! Apparently, last night at Tom's gig, while taking a breath in to play his horn, he inhaled a foreign object that was in his mouthpiece. He's been coughing ever since. (So, yes, now all 4 of us are coughing-mine is allergies). He thinks it may have been a piece of foam from the case where the mouthpiece sits, but he's not entirely sure. He went to have an X-ray today, the dr. didn't immediately see anything. He told him that one of two things would happen...1) he'd cough it up in the next 2-3 days or 2) he'll get very sick. Can you believe it? Talk about "freak" accident! Here's hoping he "coughs" it up!

Here's a cute picture of the boys tonight. Jared has requested to read Harry Potter. He can't read all of the words yet, so Tom is helping him read a chapter a night. (That's what they're doing in the picture.) For those of you who know what Jared's room normally looks like...notice the change in furniture? Sick little Jared insisted that I rearrange it yesterday...and in just that way, too. I think it looks good! Of course, Jared can't keep his bedding on the bed...it's more fun to make a tent of it!


That's the post for today...Happy Grandparent's Day to ALL of the Grandparent's out there, especially Grandma Mocarski, Grandma Fields, Auntie Sandy, Aunt Karen and Uncle Carmen!

1 comment:

  1. The sweet potato picture is priceless! Yay for Harry Potter!! As for Tom, nice choices! Can he pick #1? Megan got her clarinet last week, I've been having a good time relearning it. I haven't played since my h.s. graduation. It was 20yrs ago this past June!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.