




After so many days of diarrhea and vomiting...Jaime is finally re-hydrated and drinking his old formula again. He will be put back on 24cal Isomil. He drank a total of 8 oz. today, no vomiting (a small spit up of Pedialyte in the A.M.) nor diarrhea. In fact, he hasn't pooped at all....guess we're back to our old ways where we can't go without MiraLax. Oh well, such is life!
Jaime is still a bit puffy from the fluid overload overnight, but all and all seems better. If Jaime tolerates his overnight feeds....which by the way will NOT be put through the pump....don't ask....everyone has their own theories...then he will most likely go home TOMORROW...AGAIN! WOOHOO!!!!
Oh someone asked about Jaime's weight...he is back to 5.4kg, this morning after his fluid he was 5.6kg, but obviously that wasn't too accurate. Hopefully, we'll have a better weight tomorrow. Jaime lost about a 1/2 pound or so because of all of this. It has been determined that it was indeed the milk-based formula that caused all of Jaime's issues. The dietitian was going to ask the drs. to run some labs on Jaime to see about putting him on supplements that he otherwise will not be receiving in his formula, but I haven't heard if they were going to do this for sure or not.
In other "Trost" news, Jared came up to visit...we did his homework, then he and Tom went home. Apparently Tom has "flu-like" symptoms. :-( He was pretty miserable today and woke up with a fever, so I'm thinking if that's the case tomorrow, he will be staying home. Poor guy! Jaime being in the hospital so much lately is exhausting for both of us! Can't wait to get Jaime home and well again...most importantly, I hope that we start to see some "real" growth soon!
Anyway, that's about all! Thanks Titi, for staying in Cleveland last night to help with Jared today...and for keeping me company in the hospital all day. Wait...you didn't REALLY keep me company...or does napping on MY bed in the hospital all afternoon count? LOL!
Nonetheless, thank you for staying! :-) The pics of Jaime were taken by Titi this morning. Can you see how "puffy" he got from all of his fluids?
Take care....hoping to be posting from HOME tomorrow night! :-)

I so hope you get to go home tomorrow and let that be last of his problems!! We are thinking of you and hoping you get some rest as well!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm so happy to hear that Jamie could be coming home soon. We are having to feed mostly pedialyte to Carter for hydration since he is still sick. I hope we don't end up back in the hospital but you never know with these CDH kids! Happy thoughts!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad Jaime is feeling better! What a gorgeous little boy he is!!! Even in the hospital he looks like a movie star!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that I haven't written in so long. Having twins is busy work. I still read your blog and keep up though. I'm so glad to hear that Jaime is feeling better and getting to come home soom. Well, as I write this, the babies started to fuss. Much love to you and your entire family.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Stephanie
Brooke and *Kamryn's Mommy