Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Well, this weekend sure was a busy one for Jared. The Smith's came over for a cook-out on Saturday night. Then, on Sunday, Tom took Jared to his 1st Indians Game ever. He LOVED it! Tom didn't know it, but it was "Kid's Fun Day" on Sunday, so Jared got a few "freebies" to bring home...including "Onion," in which he gave to Jaime.




Finally, on Monday, I took Jared on a "Hot Date" to the Cleveland Air Show! It was so much fun. Jared was super cute asking some of the pilots questions about their air crafts. The pilots were super kind, too! We took some great shots of the show, that is before it rained! :-( The featured performers, The Thunderbirds weren't able to perform due to the weather.





As for Jaime...well, he didn't do anything except sit at home with Tom or I...whoever wasn't out with Jared. We think he might be getting a cold. He's been overly fussy and he's not eating all that well....and sleep...well forget about that. I had the pleasure of being both thrown up on and pooped on this evening! :-( He has been seen drooling a bit, so I'm wondering if it might just be the start of teething-after all he is going on 21 weeks old! He hasn't done anything "new" in the way of movement, except he did flip over from his tummy to his back...scared him half to death, too! HA! He starts therapy at Rainbow's on Thursday and on Friday the MRDD Intake Nurse will be here to get him home therapy...hopefully to start next week?!?
Here's a cute photo of Jaime and his buddy Elmo!



In other news, we're still having some equipment issues. That darn monitor, the probes keep shorting out or something...I'm not sure. I currently have a "disposable" probe on him, I'm waiting for the respiratory therapist to decide what we're going to do. He was going to send out a new cord that plugs into the monitor today, but we were out pretty much all day.
We had to get up and going bright and early for Jared's 504 Medical Plan meeting at his school. All we basically did was verify that everything was the same in the way of Jared's hemophilia plan at school. We changed a few minor things...like new accommodations for P.E. and recess. From the school meeting we went to the church to get Jared's books for PSR. I'm going to teach Jared at home this year. Then, we went to the YMCA to sign Jared up for swimming lessons (which just so happened to start TONIGHT)...the poor guy missed his lessons all summer because we were in Cincinnati. Finally, we went to the post office and came home. It was a busy day for Jaime and I. Normally, I don't do that much with him, but I figured I'd get all of my errands done while we were out, so when we came home, Jaime was in for the day.
This evening I took Jared to his swim lesson...he said he was "so tired" afterward! HA!




So, that about puts us up to date. I have posted the pics from this weekend as a slide show on the side of the blog, I don't know how to put one in the middle of a post yet.

Enjoy your short week!

4 comments:

  1. My you packed a lot of fun into the weekend. Love that Jaime rolled tummy to back. That trick is still hard for Emily to do. Good luck with the monitor, hope you get a better plug/sensor soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys had a very busy weekend! Sounds like Jerrod had a good time with the air show, Indian game, and swim lessons. I'm impressed that your family is able to leave the house. HA! We definitely need to get out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful smiles. God bless you all. Our love, Dale and Majken ...little Joe is back in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very busy weekend! Surprised you had time to send pictures! We women are multi-taskers though!

    I hope teething is all that is bothering Sir Jaime - it can cause sniffles in some children - though the doctors say it doesn't and no fevers either. Each child is different!

    I also hope the equipment issues resolve soon!

    With thoughts and prayers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.