The nurse and I spoke after rounds, she will not be weaning him at all today! YEA! I also convinced the attending to call Jaime's attending in Cincy...if for nothing else, just to touch base! This is crazy...and all of this is due to "ego" issues! Last night just proved to me once again WHY we chose Cincy for delivery and treatment of Jaime! (We LOVE them!)
Now on to other things...Jaime's nutrition. He will most likely be put on a higher calorie preemie formula. Also, I was told that when I make Jaime's baby food to add butter and sugar just to boost the calories. Jaime is still not yet 12 lbs. He did grow, he's close to 24 inches...he's about 3% over all for his adjusted age....not on the charts at all for his "real" age. So, we'll be working on making that happen today.
As for OT, SP and PT....we met with OT and SP. They are great! The SP actually knows and LOVES Ann from Cincy! :-) Anyway the girls said that Jaime will have homecare therapy, that he should NOT be going outside the home for therapy. We'll have an order before we leave here for that.
So other than the fact that Jaime's room mate was just discharged...YEA, not much else is going on! We'll be staying put for a "minute."
Here are two pics of Jaime in his funny dome hood bed!
I'll write more later if there are any further changes.


Ugh, what a crazy few days you have had! Well...at least they finally figured out what the issue is, but I'm sorry that it has been a trying time with the docs there. I wished we both lived closer to Cincy! They really are the BEST! Hope Jaime has a quick turnaround and can go home soon! I hope Jaime starts packing on the ounces!
ReplyDeleteWhat complete nonsense!!! How can that nurse even think about lowering Jaime's oxygen when he is visibly struggling????? I hope you get in touch with Cincy, at least to make them aware of Jaime's condition. Good news about therapy, but adding butter and sugar to his formula seems...odd. Hope it helps with the weight gain.
ReplyDeletePraying for Jaime! Hope your sweet boy is feeling better soon. If things get worse, get that transfer to Cincy.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Tracy
P.S. Well wishes coming you way too!!
So sorry to hear that Jamie has Pneumonia. I hope he feels better soon. I definitely agree about Cinci hospital. We are so glad that we went there for Carter's delivery and treatment. We had the same problem - the docs in Chattanooga refused to call Cincinnati due to egos which stinks. That is interesting about adding sugar and butter to the formula (not rice or oatmeal?)
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about the pneumonia. I know that you get really spoiled here and I am so thankful that I am where I am. Unfortunately the floor is not like the NICU. That is great about therapy though, especially with the winter quickly approaching and the swine flu panepidemic. I hope things start to get better, and you can get home. There truly is "no place like it." Thinking and praying for you. Take care.
ReplyDeleteSheryl - you can request NO Residents Period. You don't have to put up with that at all! You sound like me - ;-). Mommy from Hell Modes - they better duck quickly! It isn't a bad thing we KNOW our children!
ReplyDeleteNow, this said - we had amazing surgical Residents at UVA for Noah. Not to bash residents at all. Sometimes there is just one that ruins it.
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope Sir Jaime recovers quickly and is home!
Elizabeth
Sheryl, just a note to let you know that we are very sorry to hear that Jamie is in the hospital, and really sorry that a resident has failed to listen to the mother of a baby - since you are an expert in the care of this wonderful little boy! Maybe this doctor is just too inexperienced to handle Jamie - get someone else.
ReplyDeleteOur love and prayers are with Jamie, you, Tom and Jared, miss you, Dale and Majken
Sheryl,
ReplyDeleteKeeping you and little Jaime in my prayers.
Hope that he improves quickly and you can have him back home.
darcy
http://ittybittyblog.wordpress.com