Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Busy Day...

This morning I went to LaBella Salon to have a pedicure courtesy of Bev and her connections! :-) Thanks, Bev, Kristen did a fabulous job! Thank you for coming up to sit with me, too! It was nice to see you!

After that, Tom, Jared and I went to the hospital. We walked in to Noelle (OT) giving Jaime his bottle. She just wanted to see how he was doing, he's doing great! He drank about 90% of his bottles. Poor guy gets to about 70 mls and will peter out. He's drinking 30cal formula, which is the consistency of a thick milkshake at McDonalds, through a tiny nipple...I'd probably peter out, too.
During rounds, more discharge planning was discussed. We have a new discharge date, but it will all depend on the results from the ph probe that was done yesterday. I have vowed not to let anyone know what that date is until we're physically walking to the car.
After rounds, Kristy made me "practice" taking out and reinserting Jaime's NG. Jared took these photos. It went so smoothly today having Jaime wrapped up like a mummy!





After spending the day at the hospital, we went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. (That's where this pic was taken.) It was located on the river in Kentucky, you can just barely see the Cincinnati skyline behind us.



After dinner, Jared and I went back to the hotel. We did laundry, I gave him his IV, he took a shower, then we played Legos. Tom came back from the hospital about 9:00 P.M., so I went back up to bathe Jaime, feed him his 10:00 P.M. bottle and put him to bed. Silly boy, didn't want to go to sleep right away! HA!






That was our day! We're hoping that the drs. will know more about Jaime's ph test tomorrow during rounds...fingers crossed his reflux will be treatable with medication only!

In other news...the drs. are coming closer to putting the pieces of Carter's puzzle together and unfortunately, the news isn't what the Adler's were hoping for! They are AWESOME, STRONG people and Carter is one TOUGH little guy, so I have no doubt that they will overcome this latest hurdle...all in due time! Once again, I'm asking that you keep Carter, Carrie and Jeremy in your thoughts. They are going through a rough time right now and really need some positive energy to come their way!

Thank you so much and have a nice evening!

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    you dont know me my name is Alison i am the mother to seth he was born in april of 2007 he was born with CDH too i just wanted to let you know i have bee reading your blog and your in my prayers glad to hear jaime is doing good

    Alison Mommy to seth 4/20/07
    http://thecurtisfamilyupdates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.