Things are winding down here in Cincinnati. I think we've finished just about all of our teaching. We also moved to the Sharonville Residence Inn. We are sooooo glad that we decided to do this today, it took us literally HOURS to move out of RMH. We realized that we have too much stuff to bring home this trip with Jaime, so Bev has offered her house to us as a storage place. Thank you soooooooooo much Bev, I really don't know what we would have done without you (we'd probably have to make a last minute trip to Titi's house...LOL).
So, aside from the move, which literally took all day and evening to sort things, we spent our time in and out of the hospital.
Jaime had another good day. Drinking his bottles like a champ. We also found out that he can poop like a champ, too. Well, we didn't actually find this out in person, Jaime (Jaime's nurse) was the one who found out the hard way. Apparently a "code brown" was called, assistance was needed and a change of scrubs was in order! Sorry, Jaime...however we did enjoy the laugh.
Jaime wasn't the only one that Jaime decided to mess today, he let out quite a "juicy" burp all over me. I had to call a "code white" and a shirt change was in order! HA!
This evening Jaime got to try out his newly purchased car seat. I think he liked it?!? The true test will be when he takes the "car seat 1hr. challenge." He looked so darn cute in it. We can really tell what had changed over the last 6 years. It was amazing. I would have gladly posted a photo, but I left my camera in Jaime's crib...darn it!
We had lots of visitors today. Many of Jaime's nurses came for a quick cuddle and to say "good bye" to him and us. Leaving here really is bitter sweet. How does one thank the people who saved their baby's life? Tom and I can't even think about saying good-bye to the RCNIC without tears in our eyes. Children's has a tremendous staff who have given their all to Jaime. He has absolutely thrived with their help. It will be strange not to see their smiling faces and to have their support everyday. They have become our extended family. We love you guys and thank you so much for everything that you have done for all of us! And yes, we know the rule...we'll come up to visit when we have our clinic appointments! ;-)
Well, my friends, I'm exhausted, so I'm going to bed.
Hopefully I'll remember my camera tomorrow to show you some photos.
Hope you have a happy and safe 4th!
Sheryl
P.S. Carter had a rough day. Poor guy has a fever and just isn't himself. Please join us in sending some positive thoughts to the Adler Family for better days ahead!
:-)

Congratulations! This is such a huge step. I am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteWe are looking forward to having you back home, all of you. We are also looking forward to holding little Jamie and talking with Jared about being a big brother.
ReplyDeleteHolidays like today, Independence Day, are always emotional for us. It's tough having children serving in the Military - and it's not easy to think that one of our children may easily be call upon to once again defend the country. Hold your children close as long as you can. At some future day, when you need to bring them close for protection or comfort and they are so far away, you will have a very different understanding of what it means to be a parent.
God's Blessing on each of you and the wonderful people who have made caring for sick children and their families more than a job. It is also their vocation.
Our love and prayers,
Dale and Majken