So we thought that by yesterday afternoon, Jaime was on the mend. That appears not to be the case. I received a call at 2:15 A.M. from Jaime (Jaime's nurse) who said that he spiked a fever and once again was breathing fast. He was turned back up to 2 liters O2 (this is where he currently is sitting at, but he's back to room air, it's just the flow that he's receiving). He also had a blood gas and chest x-ray, both were normal. We are not sure exactly what's going on with him. He had another fever this morning and has diminished bowel sounds, but again, all tests have come back normal.
I guess we're back to the wait and see game. :-(
Clearly Jaime has something going on...until we know what it is, we can call it the mystery illness!

I know how frustrating this is. I had an ER visit (for me) and I had an "unknown abdominal infection"? Don't ask but I thought this was just insane.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a virus - there are some that last a week and fever comes back and goes and comes back again before it decides it has run it's course.
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers - it will not be long before you all are home!
Elizabeth
OH NO !!!! I am so sorry to hear this ! I am praying that Jaime starts to feel better .
ReplyDelete