Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Waiting Game...


I figured I'd post early since there's not too much going on. I noticed Jaime's incision site looked red and more swollen this morning. The NP's came to look at it and agreed. By the time the surgeon came it was basically back to "normal." Who knows what that was all about. Now we're just waiting to see if anything "grows" in his cultures. If something does, then they will put a picc line back in, start his Factor VIII back up and give him appropriate antibiotics for the infection.
The only thing the drs. decided in rounds was to get a urine for sodium, as his sodium is low again and put him on Vancomycin (different antibiotic). He was up for a good part of the morning and early afternoon. I gave him his 1:00 P.M. bottle and put him down for a nap, he's still sleeping. His next bottle is due at 4:00 P.M., I imagine he'll be up for that. He's really good about waking up for his bottles, he definitely knows when he's hungry these days. That's all on Jaime.


As for Jared, he was so disappointed yesterday, so, Tom decided to take him to the U.S. Air Force Museum. It's about an hour away. The boys are really enjoying themselves. I keep getting text messages and photos from them on my phone. Here are a few of them. Enjoy!!!



I'm going to go...I want to get some homework done before Jaime's next feeding.

P.S. We are still accepting donations and team members for the Hemophilia Walk on August 29, 2009. Please visit our team page today! Thanks! http://my.e2rm.com/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=27585&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=117549

2 comments:

  1. Sheryl,
    I am so sorry that you have hit this bump in the road. I will keep you all in my prayers and especially Mr. Jaime for healing and getting strong.
    I hope that you are homeward bound soon:)
    darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked in on you all in awhile. Look at all his hair! It sounds as though you are all close to the "H" word. Prayers that Jaime overcomes this current obstacle quickly. All on Jaime time...

    Hugs and Prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.