First, here is a photo of Titi at her house on Tuesday night. Tom and I bought her a cake from Bonbonaire Bakery in Cincy.
Now on to the boys! Jared and I played outside after dinner. I was so proud of him and quite shocked at how well he rode his bike. He just learned how to ride a 2 wheeled bike last summer and today was his first time on it since last year. He did great! We had fun playing "pit stop" and I was his pit crew. (He's quite the intense rider...tee, hee!)
Anyway, after being out for a while Jared wanted Jaime to watch him ride his bike. Jaime was feeling much better by this point (he slept all day except woke up like clockwork for his feedings and medication). He was up and Tom was playing with him and his rings. Jaime was reaching for them and laughing. Since it had cooled down a bit, we took Jaime outside. We think he enjoyed "airing" out. Our neighbors, Rich, Carla and Dylan came over to meet Jaime. Dylan and Jared spent the evening catching lightening bugs in pails, too cute! (Thanks guys for visiting and for Jaime's gift, we really appreciated it!)
Now, the reason I titled this post "New Plans" is because I spoke, once again with the high risk clinic in Cincy and with Jaime's home pediatrician. I called the clinic to give them a status update on Jaime and to ask them if they wanted to change any of Jaime's medication doses due to his weight increase. His medications are compound formulas, so they expire fairly quick. Dr. Haberman increased his doses of the expiring medications. I gave them Walgreens phone number, then I received a call from Walgreens..OOPS, Jaime never had a script filled there before...Ha...we got it straightened out, then Dr. Hellerstein called. She said that since we will not be followed in Cincy at this time, she wants to see Jaime once a week for the next several weeks. So, that's what we will be doing. Her plan is to send Dr. Bockhoven (card) all of Jaime's pertinent info and the two of them will ultimately make Jaime's treatment plan. Jame's care will only be transferred back down to Cincy when it's time for him to have surgery. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but Dr. Hellerstein's practice has 6 CDH'ers, so this is all familiar territory for her and her team. (How ironic is that?)
Anyway, I just thought I'd update you on the new plan...looks like we'll be having a few appointments a week with Jaime for the next several weeks. At least it will be in Cleveland...and not that far from our house!
So, that's the update! I'm just staying up waiting for Jaime to wake up for his nightly bottle...it should be any time now.
Have a nice night!

Really great seeing smiles on the faces of both boys, and Aunt Titi. Also glad you can stay closer to home for appointments. Big brother Jared, and Little brother Jamie both look great and it looks like Jamie is really coming along well. Kiss them both for us. Love, Dale and Majken and both Mom's
ReplyDelete