


Happy 4th of July!!!!
Today, Jaime is 80 days old. For the most part he had a good, uneventful day...that is until he had his car seat challenge. The challenge is he has to sit in the car seat for 1 hour without desatting past 90. We all THOUGHT he would pass with flying colors...not so, after about 15 minutes he started desatting into the 80's. After 30 min, he was in the 70's. Dawn, Jaime's nurse tried to reposition him with rolled blankets, it didn't help. He wasn't angry being in the seat, in fact he fell asleep, he just kept desatting. At one point he got down to 65%. We're not entirely sure why this happened, but that is the whole point of the challenge. Dawn said that Shirley, Jaime's night shift nurse, will try to reposition with the Rhianna, (car seat installer) and try again. This will be passed to the drs. during rounds tomorrow. We're not sure what they will do, but one option is for Jaime to come home on O2 just for traveling. Strange, isn't it? Especially because he can sit in his swing for hours and be just fine. I guess the car seat position is just at too awkward of an angle for him to be able to breath right.
As for us celebrating the holiday, well we went to Brueggers Bagels and I got a red, white and blue bagel. HA! It's been unusually cold and rainy here today. We want to go see fireworks, but I'm not too sure that's going to happen. I feel bad for Jared because he wants to go...he wanted to swim, too, but for obvious reasons, the hotel pool is closed.
Anyway, that's all for now! Please continue to send positive thoughts Carter's way as he is still having some troubles. Thanks,
Again, happy 4th.

Jaime is just getting sad that he may have to leave all those pretty nurses soon! You'll have to keep reminding him how all the kids love being at home. :-) Much love and many prayers that car test #2 goes better. I think he LOVES showing them he is in control.. hehe
ReplyDeleteAsh
I agree with Maxton's Mommy - sorry I haven't been commenting - Sir Jaime is doing so well! (Noah had surgery this week - so I guess that is a good excuse? He is fine - recovering.)
ReplyDeleteKeeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth