Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Getting better...

Jaime is finally peeing like a champ and he pooped once, too! YEA! Tom and I laugh at the fact that the last 24 hours we've been obsessed with Jaime's poo. HA!
Today was a fun day...Jaime got to meet Dr. Varyani, my original OB/GYN. She was so excited to meet him. She and her nurse, Altheena posed for a quick photo.

She was so encouraging throughout my entire pregnancy and was very grateful to the drs. in Cincy for keeping her updated on both mine and Jaime's conditions.
I had my appointment with her...all is well with me! I still have that weird nerve pain and I told her that the incision area is itchy, she said that is a sign that the nerve endings are healing, but it could take up to a year to completely heal. No biggie, we'll just keep an eye on it.

We ran some errands. Jared spent the afternoon at the sitter's. He just loves the kids that go there. It gave him something to do while we were at the drs. When we got home, there was a message from Cincy, they were checking on Jaime. I called them back. Just before I called them back, Mr. Jaime decided to pull his NG (feeding tube). I told the girls that Jaime did that, they asked if he was eating at least 90% of his bottles, I said yes, and they said we can keep it out! Woohoo! I just hope that he continues. We changed bottles to my favorite Platex "bag" bottles, he gets less air and does well with the nipple on them. I even got him to take his medicine by putting it in a nipple. Now, since the NG is out, I washed Jaime's face really good and have the O2 canual tightened in the back to "air out" his rashy cheeks. He's swatted at it a few times, but overall doesn't mind not having the big tape on his cheeks.


So, that's about it. Jared is doing well, he's dying to play outside...it was another crummy day here in Cleveland. We hope that tomorrow is nicer, Tom's band is playing at the St. Justin Festival tomorrow night at 7:30. We'll be there if anyone wants to stop up.

Thank you to everyone who has sent us special "welcome home" wishes, emails, comments, cards and presents. We appreciate all of them. A special "thank you" to Elizabeth from Breath of Hope who sent us a special package today. (Elizabeth, do you recognize the blanket on Jaime?) Elizabeth sent us CDH Awareness ribbons, too...if anyone is interested in one, I have some to pass out. Thanks!

Wishing everyone a great evening....

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful message on Noah's blog! I check on Jamie daily, and have been cheering you guys on since the beginning. I know I don't always have time to post a message, but we pray for your family daily. You are one strong woman, that's for sure, and you are such and inspiration to all of us!!
    Wishing you well!
    Carrie and Noah

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) i love the pic of Jaime looking at Jared.. to cute.

    Still thinking of you guys
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy Jamie is doing well at home!!!! He is such an amazing little boy! I love all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! That blanket and the matching outfit just reminded me of Jared's little brother - aka Jaime - or what Jared might pick for him - if he was interested in doing that!

    Glad they arrived! I agree - sometimes these babies pull out the tubes because they don't need them any more! O2 is next - not tomorrow but perhaps in a bit!

    With thoughts and prayers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.