Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

1 Day Post-op





This morning we went to see Jaime, who was still on his paralytics and sedation medicine. He was doing well. Then, we took Jared to a church picnic at a park just around the corner from the hospital. He had a blast in the bouncy house, getting his arm "painted" with a R/R crossing, eating cotton candy until his tummy hurt-literally, and running around playing all of the games.
After the picnic, I went back to see Jaime (and let Tom take Jared to RMH to rest his tummy). Well, guess who I found awake? Yep, Mr. Jaime! I asked him if it felt better to have his liver in his abdomen and he actually smiled. You can see him groggy in one of the pics. In the other pic (the one with him in his striped socks), he is on a new mattress. He officially "graduated" to a Z-Flo mattress. He LOVES it! His sats were at 100%, his O2 was weaned down to 21% (for the record, that's room air!), he got all cozy and fell asleep! That's how I left him about 11:00 P.M. tonight!

Jaime had a good day, he was urinating and satting well! His heart rate went up a little this afternoon when he started wiggling more, I'm sure it was due to the pain. His nurse gave him some Morphine and Versed and he settled down. By tonight, he seemed very comfy when he was moving. Kim and I even "bathed" him. I write it like that because all we did was washed him with warm wet wipes. He seemed to like it none the less. After his bath is when Kim swapped out his mattress to put the new Z-Flo in. Jared came for a visit before bed and brought a Hot Wheel for Jaime, he seemed to enjoy Jared making car noises and zooming the car around him. He even smiled a few times, too. Not bad for a little man who is one day post-op!

Please continue to pray for an uneventful recovery for Mr. Jaime!

Thank you so much for all of the good wishes, we truly appreciate them!

Love,
Sheryl

7 comments:

  1. Emily loved her Z Flo too, it seemed so comfy I also asked for one! So glad Mr Jaime's honeymoon is continuing...room air-Awesome!!
    Happy Mother's Day, Sheryl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jaime! That Z-flo does look nice. We'll be praying for an uneventful recovery. Oh- yay for the cloth bath!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that Jaime is doing so well. It is nice that things are working out for Jared, too. He looks to be having a great time at the picnic.

    HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

    Can't wait to hear what Jared and Tom picked out.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaime is such a little miracle baby. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Jaime is doing so well! What a miracle!
    Happy Mother's Day Sheryl, I know it will be an extra special one for you!

    Jeanie

    P.S. Tell Jared I LOVE his t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Sir Jaime is doing so well - and Jared is a wonderful big brother! I know you can and can't wait to hear them both zooming cars around you making car noises!

    With thoughts and prayers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.