Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Update!



First let me say that I'm sorry we missed Wickliffe's Annual Memorial Day parade with the Smith's. :-( We hope that you enjoyed it, we'll be there next year...God willing with a stroller in tow, too! No parades for us today...it's cloudy here anyway!

Having said that...Tom and I went up to see Jaime while Nana and Papa took Jared out to "explore" Cincy. We got to rounds just in time. They were early due to the holiday. Changes for today are...
1) Extubation TOMORROW (when there's more staff).
2) Vent rate to 15, pressure to 8.
3) Increase feedings to 3 mls an hour
4) Start Prevacid (to prevent reflux)

Oh and we were told during rounds that Jaime's spoiled already. When he's fussy, the only thing he wants is to be held. Nurses do not hold the babies when they are intubated, so they do a bed "hold," he calms down almost every time! I can't believe that the drs. would suggest that a child of ours is actually spoiled!!! HA! :-)

After rounds, I got Jaime dressed in his tiger outfit (Tom thinks it makes Jaime look like a giant because it's so big on him). I made him comfy and gave him his new duck pacifier. He seems to like it! We're back at the house waiting for Tom's parents to spend some time with them this afternoon.

Have a great day, enjoy the photos!

Love,
Sheryl

3 comments:

  1. No such thing as a spoiled baby! Keeping you all in my thoughts, prayers and Lung Function chants,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl & Tom,
    Jaime looks so great! I love his new paci! Spoiling is in order! You've met Ryan & Anna, they are not spoiled (LOL) they are just loved so much! Jaime is a member of their club!
    Jared was so much fun yesterday, we left the super soaker at Bev's house for him. Jared & Anna played so well together. Carly had fun too, she slept all night long and until 10:30 am!
    We had so much fun with you guys, glad you got to get away from the hospital for a while!
    P.S.
    Jaime, thanks for the text today! You are such a great texter! I love seeing your picture!
    It's on with me & Miss Bev to see who gets to hold you first!
    Good luck tomorrow, we will be praying for you little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime is such a handsome boy! I am so amazed at how well he's done... seems like he's on his way to a full recovery. I am so glad. I hope one day Jaime and Davis get to meet. Congratulations on all his progress :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.