Jaime Albert Trost was diagnosed with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia at 19 weeks gestation. He was born at 34 weeks gestation on 4/16/09 as a hemophiliac with his liver and intestines in his chest. Jaime had his 1st repair surgery at 23 days old. He re-herniated in September 2009, causing his bowels, kidney and liver to be up in his chest. He had his 2nd repair surgery at 194 days old. Though Jaime still has many medical challenges ahead of him, today he is a thriving KINDERGARTENER who has beaten the odds!

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Special Mother's Day!









The boys are awesome...thank you Tom, Jared and Jaime for making my day so special today!
We went to visit Jaime, then went to church. After church Tom took me to Longhorn Steakhouse (my choice), it was delicious! After lunch, we went back to see Jaime. Also, the Lodwick's from Cleveland came for a visit. They were here to see Mary and stopped to see us, too! Thanks for visiting, it's nice to see familiar faces from home down here!
After the Lodwick's left, I helped Jaime's nurse do his dressing changes. That is quite a process. It can take up to 2 hours. Jaime's skin looks great, though, so the dressing process is working! Jaime woke up and fell back asleep during his dressing changes.
Next, we had dinner at the house-Taco Night! Tom went back to see Jaime who is on 21% O2 and doing well. Jared and I got out the Chocolate Milk mixer. Now, Jared can not stand chocolate milk...normally, but you put milk and chocolate powder in a "tornado" mixer and all of the sudden, he likes chocolate milk...go figure! Ha, so we had fun with that. Jared's settling in to bed now and Tom just got home. Jaime's sleeping again, but I'm going to go up there for a quick "good-night" visit!
Like, I said it was a very nice day, even the weather was great!
Thanks to everyone who sent me Mother's Day greetings...your calls, texts, and emails were great!
I hope all of the mother's in our lives, both friends and family, had wonderful days, too!

Enjoy the photos from my special day being the mother of two FANTASTIC boys!

XOXO,

Sheryl

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day, you deserve it!!!
    ((hugs))

    ps My kids still love seeing themselves on your blogg, thanks for including us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Mother's Day. Your boys are super special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card from Jaime. How special. I'm so glad your day was a good one. Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.